Cable Modem (DOCSIS, EuroDOCSIS) News
Ovum Report Confirms 147 Million Devices Managed By TR-069 Protocol
Jun 19, 2012 – A new report published by Ovum confirms the widespread market adoption of TR-069 CPE WAN Management Protocol. The report shows that - by the end of 2011 - TR-069 enabled devices globally totalled more than 147 million and are growing fast.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Ovum, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Router, Set Top Box
ARRIS Enables Kabel Deutschland to Achieve a World Record 4.7 Gbit/s Downstream Throughput Speed
May 31, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced that Kabel Deutschland has successfully field tested the combination of a EuroDOCSIS™ 3.0-based ARRIS C4® CMTS and 12 ARRIS Touchstone® Cable Modem CM820S' to deliver 4.7 Gbit/s of aggregated data throughput downstream.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Kabel Deutschland, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Germany
MaxLinear Cable Tuner ICs Power Intel 1Gbps Cable Gateway Reference Designs
May 21, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL265 / MxL267 Full Spectrum Capture™ 16- and 24-channel cable receivers are used in new DOCSIS 3.0 cable gateway reference designs based on the Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) Puma™ 6.
News categories: MaxLinear, Intel Corp, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear Launches Low Power, Full-Spectrum Capture Cable Receivers
Mar 5, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL265 and MxL267, its 40nm CMOS single-chip 16-channel and 24-channel digital cable front-end receivers based on the company's proprietary Full-Spectrum Capture (FSC™) technology.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, ICs, Semiconductor
Video Infrastructure Market Reaches $13.2B Worldwide
Feb 24, 2012 – ACG Research has released its Q4 2011 market size and share reports for the Service Provider Video Infrastructure (SPVI) market. The reports indicate that the SPVI market grew 5% sequentially to reach $4B for the quarter, although down 3% year to year.
News categories: ACG Research, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming
Multi-Screen Content Consumption Transitions from Hype to Reality
Feb 2, 2012 – According to a new report by IMS Research, shipments of residential data modems and gateways will reach 135 million in 2012, and shipments of IP-enabled consumer electronics devices will approach 2.5 billion, rising to 3.5 billion in 2015.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable Modem, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 – Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
DOCSIS 3.0 CPE Shipments Growing Rapidly
Nov 29, 2011 – A newly published report by Dell'Oro shows that penetration of higher functioned Cable CPE including DOCSIS 3.0 enabled devices, as well as those that have embedded wireless LAN, is rapidly increasing.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Market Research
STMicroelectronics to Supply STB Chip to Beijing Gehua Cable TV Network
Oct 20, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Beijing Gehua Cable Television Network, a cable TV operator in Beijing, China, has selected ST's integrated HD Cable Modem chip to deploy in set-top boxes to all of its subscribers.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gehua Cable, Cable Modem, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers