Malaysia Digital TV News
Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
Jul 21, 2019 – A pilot digital switchover from analogue to digital terrestrial TV has taken place in Gunung Raya, Langkawi. The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission is conducting the test run and study as part of its Analogue Switch Off (ASO) pilot project.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, myFreeview, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Comscore announces launch of Video Metrix Multi-Platform in Malaysia
Jul 9, 2019 – Comscore has announced the launch of Video Metrix Multi-Platform in Malaysia. The product provides a single, unduplicated measure of digital video consumption across smartphone, tablet and desktop devices.
News categories: Comscore, Kedar Gavane, Serm Teck Choon, Advertising, Big Data, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Astro Malaysia updates Astro GO user experience
Jul 8, 2019 – Astro Malysia has introduced a new look and features for its Astro GO app. The update offers a new interface and enhanced user experience. New features include easier navigation, enhanced search and easier content discovery.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, TV Everywhere, UX
Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
Jun 18, 2019 – Broadpeak is working with Astro Malaysia to strengthen the latter's OTT video delivery service through its multicast ABR solution. Astro is using the solution to distribute 20 MPEG-DASH live channels to Android TVs and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Broadpeak, Astro, Jacques Le Mancq, Shahrul Imran Sultan, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
Jun 17, 2019 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has announced that it has reached a content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia. iQIYI will launch an iQIYI content channel under the partnership, bringing exciting and high-quality content to Malaysia through Astro's platform.
News categories: IQIYI, Astro, Yang Xianghua, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
Malaysia's MYTV distributes 2 million decoders
May 24, 2019 – Malaysia has joined 60 other countries in the world who have switched over to digital TV transmission with its successful transition from analogue to digital under the myFreeview brand. 15 TV channels and six radio channels are already available on the platform.
News categories: MCMC, myFreeview, MYTV Broadcasting, Gerard Lim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs