Home Server (Media Server) News
RVU Alliance Announces Major Update to RVU Specification
Jan 5, 2012 – The RVU Alliance has announced a major upgrade to the RVU protocol standard. The RVU 2.0 specification is under development and will be released in early 2012.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ViXS®, Topfield and Morega Join Forces to Develop Mobility Gateway Set-Top Box
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a partnership with Topfield to develop a media gateway set-top box. The design demonstrates ViXS' XCode® 4210 STB processor and Xtensiv® software, combined with Morega Systems' content portability solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Topfield, Morega Systems, CES2022, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS® and Morega Team up to Power Digital Media Hub for Consumer Content
Jan 5, 2012 – ViXS Systems and Morega Systems have announced a strategic partnership to enable, for the first time, the seamless access and streaming of premium, personal, and user-generated content to and from multiple devices within the home.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, CES2022, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Axentra HipServ® NAS Media Software available on ViXS® XCode® 4208 Network Media Processor
Jan 4, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that Axentra has integrated its HipServ NAS software on ViXS' XCode 4208 Media Processor SoC providing consumers with a unique and simple home cloud experience.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Axentra, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
ViXS Systems and Wistron to launch next generation Blu-ray/Media Hub products at CES 2012
Jan 4, 2012 – ViXS Systems and Wistron (Taipei:6285) have announced that, using a single XCode 4210 SoC, Wistron has created a family of products which are some of the smallest form factor and lowest power Blu-ray / Media Hubs on the market today.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Wistron, Blu-ray, CES2022, Home Server, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
ViXS Systems and PacketVideo Develop Whole Home NAS Solution
Jan 3, 2012 – At CES 2012 ViXS Systems will be demonstrating PacketVideo's TwonkyServer™ 6.0 connected home solution running on it's XCode 4208 NAS SoC. TwonkyServer makes finding media and playing it back on connected home and mobile devices as simple as drag and drop.
News categories: PacketVideo, ViXS Systems, CES2022, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Pace Completes Certification of Industry's First RVU Compliant Client
Aug 25, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its C30 RVU Client solution has been certified by the RVU Alliance. The Pace C30 set-top box is the first device to go through the RVU Alliance certification program.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Pace plc, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Netgem makes the tablet the new truly portable TV within the connected home
Jul 6, 2011 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced its 'N Cloud' which enables operators to meet customer demand for access to all content, including live TV and VOD, from any connected device within the home. Monaco Telecom will be the first to deploy.
News categories: Netgem, Monaco Telecom, Apps, Digital TV, Home Server, IPTV, Middleware, Monaco, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet
DIRECTV Launches Field Trial of Home Media Center with Industry's First RVU-Enabled DIRECTV Server
May 18, 2011 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has recently started field trial testing for its highly anticipated DIRECTV® Home Media Center that will ultimately provide customers with a 'receiver-less' solution for many TVs in their homes.
News categories: RVU Alliance, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil