Digital TV News: Academy of Broadcasting Science
iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
Nov 18, 2019 – iQIYI has announced that its self-developed watermarking system has passed the security evaluation test of the ChinaDRM Lab, making iQIYI the first online video platform in China to receive such an accreditation.
News categories: iQIYI, ChinaDRM, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking
Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT ABS set up joint UHD lab
Mar 23, 2016 – Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT and ABS have announced the establishment of the ASTRI – SAPPRFT ABS Ultra High-definition Television Technology Joint Laboratory which focuses on research and development of ultra high-definition technology and upcoming video technology.
News categories: ASTRI, Academy of Broadcasting Science, SAPPRFT, Dr. Frank Tong, Dr. Ieong Meikei, Li Yiu Kei, Mr. Zou Feng, Xie Wei, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong
Spreadtrum Announces SC6600V: First Single-Chip Demodulator/Decoder for CMMB-Based Mobile TV
May 7, 2008 – Spreadtrum Communications (NASDAQ: SPRD) plans to announce its new mobile TV single chip solution, the SC6600V, the first demodulator/decoder chip for CMMB-based mobile TV during the 'Asia Future TV 2008' conference.
News categories: Spreadtrum, China, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Tablet
SARFT Plans Overseas Promotion of CMMB
Apr 29, 2008 – The China Academy of Broadcasting Science has held a meeting to promote overseas partnerships on the CMMB standard, with senior officials from SARFT's Science and Technology Department, the Academy itself, the S2M Group and Loral Space and Communications.
News categories: Academy of Broadcasting Science, China, Digital TV, Mobile
CCID Consulting: China's Onboard Mobile TV Market Enters Fast Growth Period
Mar 26, 2008 – CCID Consulting (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: HK08235), released on March 4, 2008, the 2007-2008 Annual Report on China's Onboard Mobile TV Market at the Consumer Electronics Market China 2008.
News categories: CCID Consulting, China, DTMB, Market Research, Mobile, Terrestrial
China - Full Set of Terrestrial DTV Standards Expected in H1
Jan 31, 2008 – An industry insider has revealed that the Academy of Broadcasting Science and Academy of Broadcasting Planning, both of which are under the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT), have completed the formulation of 6 terrestrial DTV supporting standards.
News categories: SARFT, Broadcasting, China, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Thomson Renews Contract to Supply Cable Set-Top Boxes to Chinese Cable TV Operator Dalian Tiantu
Sep 7, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced the renewal of its contract to supply Chinese cable operator Dalian Tiantu Cable TV with DCI1000E digital cable set top boxes, further to the original agreement concluded via Thomson CITIC Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (TCDT) in August 2006.
News categories: Thomson, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019