Digital TV News: Australian Broadcasting Corp
Australia's ABC to deploy BuyDRM MultiKey in conjunction with AWS Elemental
Mar 27, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is planning to deploy BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service in conjunction with AWS Elemental to package and encrypt live video content for users on a variety of playback platforms in Australia.
News categories: BuyDRM, ABC, Elemental, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Keith Wymbs, Australia, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
Western Digital adds SlingPlayer app to WD TV® media player
Jun 5, 2012 – Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) has introduced a variety of new entertainment options for the WD TV Live™ and WD TV Live Hub™ media players, including watching live and recorded TV with a new SlingPlayer® app.
News categories: Western Digital, Apps, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Streaming
Freeview to Drive Digital Take-up in Australia
Jul 17, 2008 – Australia's free-to-air commercial television networks together with the nation's public broadcasters have formally announced the establishment of Freeview to help drive take-up of the free-to-air digital television platform in Australia.
News categories: Australian Broadcasting Corp, SBS, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Australia - Free TV Networks To Broadcast Industry Electronic Program Guide
Nov 14, 2007 – Commercial Free TV broadcasters have announced that they will all be openly broadcasting program listing information by 1 January 2008, creating Australia's first free electronic program guide (EPG).
News categories: Free TV Australia, Australia, Digital TV, Terrestrial, TV Services
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market