Digital TV News: Australian Broadcasting Corp
Australia's ABC to deploy BuyDRM MultiKey in conjunction with AWS Elemental
Mar 27, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is planning to deploy BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service in conjunction with AWS Elemental to package and encrypt live video content for users on a variety of playback platforms in Australia.
News categories: BuyDRM, ABC, Elemental, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Keith Wymbs, Australia, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
Western Digital adds SlingPlayer app to WD TV® media player
Jun 5, 2012 – Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) has introduced a variety of new entertainment options for the WD TV Live™ and WD TV Live Hub™ media players, including watching live and recorded TV with a new SlingPlayer® app.
News categories: Western Digital, Apps, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Streaming
Freeview to Drive Digital Take-up in Australia
Jul 17, 2008 – Australia's free-to-air commercial television networks together with the nation's public broadcasters have formally announced the establishment of Freeview to help drive take-up of the free-to-air digital television platform in Australia.
News categories: Australian Broadcasting Corp, SBS, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Australia - Free TV Networks To Broadcast Industry Electronic Program Guide
Nov 14, 2007 – Commercial Free TV broadcasters have announced that they will all be openly broadcasting program listing information by 1 January 2008, creating Australia's first free electronic program guide (EPG).
News categories: Free TV Australia, Australia, Digital TV, Terrestrial, TV Services
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media