Digital TV News: BCE
BCE adds 42,190 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 5, 2015 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported BCE and Bell Q4 and 2014 results. In Q4 2014, BCE (Bell Canada and Bell Aliant) added 42,190 TV subscribers. At the end of 2014, BCE served a total of 2,642,608 TV subscribers.
News categories: BCE, Bell Aliant, Canada, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Bell Media to launch on-demand subscription TV in Canada
Oct 30, 2014 – Canada's Bell Media has announced that it will soon launch a video streaming service. The on-demand subscription service, currently code-named 'Project Latte', will feature thousands of hours of content representing TV's top premium brands including HBO.
News categories: Bell Media, Kevin Crull, Mike Cosentino, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Bell Wireline adds 122,000 TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 6, 2014 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported Q4 results. Bell Fibe TV added 60,301 net new customers, up 25.0% compared to 48,234 in Q4 2012. Bell Satellite TV losses were 24,112 in the quarter.
News categories: BCE Inc, Canada, IPTV, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
IPTV revives growth in Canada's pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 12, 2013 – Canada’s publicly traded TV service providers added television subscribers in the third quarter of 2013 thanks to record growth of IPTV, reversing a trend of cumulative losses in each of the previous three quarters.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
CRTC issues annual report on the state of the Canadian communication system
Sep 26, 2013 – The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has issued the 2013 edition of its Communications Monitoring Report. In 2012, the number of households that subscribed to basic television service increased by 1% to 12 million.
News categories: CRTC, Jean-Pierre Blais, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
Bell Mobile TV welcomes one millionth subscriber
Sep 17, 2013 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has welcomed its one millionth subscriber to Bell Mobile TV, the wireless data service that offers on-the-go access to more than 40 channels of live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's TV programming.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers
Cord-cutting in Canada's traditional TV service market accelerates in Q2 2013
Aug 13, 2013 – Canada's publicly traded television service providers lost an estimated 19,624 TV subscribers combined in the second quarter of 2013, according to new research from Ottawa-based research and consulting firm Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Bell TV Canada subscriber base up 2.5% in 2012
Feb 7, 2013 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported BCE and Bell results for the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2012. Bell Fibe TV added 48,234 net new customers. Satellite TV net additions were negative. The Bell TV subscriber base totalled 2,155,983 at the end of Q4.
News categories: BCE Inc, Canada, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telesat Successfully Launches Nimiq 6 Satellite
May 18, 2012 – Telesat has successfully launched its Nimiq 6 direct broadcast satellite. Nimiq 6 carries 32 high powered Ku-band transponders that are fully contracted to Bell TV (TSX, NYSE: BCE) for 15 years.
News categories: Telesat, Bell TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Satellite
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G