Digital TV News: Belo Corp
17 More Stations to Participate in Upcoming Dyle™ Mobile TV Launch
Apr 16, 2012 – Dyle™ mobile TV has announced that additional television stations will join the network of broadcasters delivering content to Dyle™ mobile TV, bringing the total number of broadcast networks participating in Dyle to seven and total launch markets to 35.
News categories: Dyle mobile TV, Mobile, USA
Mobile Digital Television on Track to Reach Two-Thirds of U.S. Households by Early Next Year
Aug 4, 2011 – Mobile Digital Television is on track to reach two-thirds of U.S. households by early 2012. In addition, the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) announced that its Mobile DTV Trust Authority, managed by Neustar, is now operational.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Mobile, USA
Mobile Content Venture Announces Commitment to Roll Out Mobile TV Service in 20 U.S. Markets
Nov 19, 2010 – Mobile Content Venture (MCV), a joint venture of 12 major broadcasters, has announced a commitment to upgrade TV stations in 20 local U.S. markets in order to deliver live video to portable devices.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Harris Helps Belo Corp. Launch Mobile Digital TV Broadcasting
Apr 21, 2010 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) is launching mobile digital TV transmission in the U.S.A. using the Harris MPH™ platform for ATSC Mobile DTV broadcast.
News categories: Harris, Belo Corp, Roundbox, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Twelve U.S. Broadcast Groups to Form Joint Venture to Develop Mobile Content Service
Apr 13, 2010 – Belo, Cox Media, E.W. Scripps, Fox, Gannett Broadcasting, Hearst Television, ION Television, Media General, Meredith, NBC, Post-Newsweek Stations and Raycom Media plan to form a joint venture to develop a new national mobile content service.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
Washington, D.C. to be Mobile Television Consumer Showcase
Apr 20, 2009 – At the 2009 NAB Show, the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that Washington, D.C. has been selected as a product showcase market for Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
Open Mobile Video Coalition to Promote Mobile TV in U.S.
Apr 13, 2007 – Nine of the largest U.S. television broadcast groups today announced the launch of the 'Open Mobile Video Coalition,' an industry alliance to accelerate the development of mobile digital broadcast television.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December