Digital TV News: Brightcove
Brightcove and Magnite partner to boost CTV and OTT ad monetization
Jan 10, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has entered into a relationship with Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) where Magnite will power advertising for Brightcove customers. Brightcove will also integrate the SpringServe ad server.
News categories: Brightcove, Magnite, SpringServe, Marc DeBevoise, Sean Buckley, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Brightcove acquires Wicket Labs
Feb 2, 2022 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has acquired Wicket Labs. With the acquisition, Brightcove customers will have access to content and subscriber insights to make data-driven decisions to improve subscriber acquisition, conversions, engagement, and retention.
News categories: Brightcove, Wicket Labs, Namita Dhallan, Marty Roberts, Sylvia George, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
Sep 14, 2021 – Accedo has launched support for multiple DRM solutions into its Accedo One cloud platform. Accedo One Marketplace already includes integration for OVPs, subscription management platforms, ad servers, and analytics platforms.
News categories: Accedo, Markus Hejdenberg, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
Sep 13, 2021 – Consumer data from Parks Associates has revealed that 54% of US broadband households now combine one of the Big 3, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, with at least one other subscription OTT service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
Jun 22, 2021 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced a technology partnership with ByteArk, a CDN service provider in Thailand, to support customers looking to use video to connect with viewers all over the world.
News categories: Brightcove, ByteArk, Lynn D. Tinney, Somsak Sriprayoonsakul, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Thailand
Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
May 4, 2021 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Studio Mojo has selected Brightcove to power Koode. Koode helps the Malayali community around the world discover content from their homeland without geographical restrictions.
News categories: Brightcove, Studio Mojo, Subhashish Gupta, Radhakrishnan Ramachandran, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
Brightcove adds Cloud Playout feature
Feb 9, 2021 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has launched Brightcove Cloud Playout. The feature enables users to program a scheduled playout of both on-demand video assets and live footage or events into a single stream.
News categories: Brightcove, Namita Dhallan, Mike Zagari, Parikshit Dar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Brightcove publishes Q2 2020 Global Video Index report
Aug 19, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published its Q2 2020 Global Video Index Entertainment and Media Edition, which found that OTT streaming of entertainment continued to dominate, even as governments began loosening stay-at-home restrictions.
News categories: Brightcove, Jim O'Neill, Jeff Ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Brightcove Q1 data shows uptick in news content streaming
Jun 8, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published the Q1 2020 Brightcove Global Video Index. The Q1 data shows that as the COVID-19 pandemic spread, consumers increasingly turned to video streaming sources to stay up-to-date.
News categories: Brightcove, Jim O’Neill, Big Data, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution