Digital TV News: CAST.ERA
SK Telecom providing mobile edge computing to Sinclair Broadcast
Apr 18, 2023 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) will enter the U.S. market by providing a next-generation broadcast solution, built with mobile edge computing (MEC) technology, to Sinclair Broadcast Group.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair, CAST.ERA, Ha Min-yong, Del Parks, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sinclair, CAST.ERA, SK Telecom & Hyundai Mobis show live, in-vehicle broadcasting
Jan 3, 2023 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) has announced that it has completed a live, in-vehicle, demonstration of the practical application of NextGen Broadcast (ATSC 3.0) automotive services.
News categories: Sinclair, CAST.ERA, SK Telecom, Hyundai Mobis, Mark Aitken, Kevin Gage, Lee Dong-kee, 5G, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
Aug 1, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has entered into agreements with Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) to collaborate on NextGen Broadcast business models and technology in Korea and the U.S.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Korean Broadcasting System, Munhwa Broadcasting, Chris Ripley, Del Parks, Eui-Chul Kim, Sung-Jae Park, Kevin Gage, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Streaming, USA
BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media demo 'Enhanced GPS' with ATSC 3.0
Jun 2, 2021 – BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media have demonstrated new use cases for the ATSC 3.0 standard showing its ability to significantly enhance the accuracy of GPS - a potential new tool for autonomous vehicle navigation.
News categories: BitPath, ONE Media, SK Telecom, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Yoon Kim, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, In-Car, USA
CAST.ERA plans 5G-ATSC 3.0 launches in the U.S. and Korea
Apr 30, 2021 – CAST.ERA palns to introduce 5G-ATSC 3.0 technology to the U.S. and Korea by the end of this year. The technology will enable the broadcasting of UHD video with low-to-zero latency to TVs and mobile devices.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Yoon Kim, Del Parks, Kevin Gage, 5G, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 13, 2020 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) have announced Cast.era, a joint venture focused on cloud infrastructure for broadcasting, ultra-low latency over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting, and targeted advertising.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Kevin Gage, Lee Jong-min, Park Kyung-mo, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC