Digital TV News: CIMM
CIMM identifies best ways to combine STB and Smart TV data
Jan 28, 2021 – The CIMM has released a study identifying best practices for integration of STB and Smart TV data. The combination comes closer to creating nationally representative data sets for linear and streaming TV programming and advertising use cases.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement adds 12 new members
May 5, 2020 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM) has announced that Ampersand, Charter, Data ImpacX, Dativa, IRI, Janus Strategy & Insights, LiveRamp, New York Interconnect, Sequent Partners, Tru Optik, TVSquared and VideoAmp have joined.
News categories: CIMM, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CIMM launches best practices study on combining Smart TV and STB data
May 1, 2020 – CIMM has announced the launch of a study to develop best practices in building large scale, granular data sets to measure all forms of TV viewing by combining the anonymous viewing data from both Smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
clypd collaborates with ATSG to define standards for TV audience targeting
Sep 13, 2018 – The Advanced Target Standards Group, a consortium of leading network TV programmers, along with CIMM’s Advanced TV Committee, have announced that the Calculation Principles for Advanced Targets, published last year, will be implemented in Nielsen’s Advance Audience Posting API.
News categories: clypd, Nielsen, Advanced Target Standards Group, Pete Doe, Kelly Abcarian, Keith Kazerman, David Ernst, Tom Ziangas, Jonathan Steuer, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.