Digital TV News: CNN+
CNN+ launches on the Roku platform in the U.S.
Apr 11, 2022 – CNN+ has launched in the United States on the Roku platform. The Roku channel store will contain both the CNN+ subscription service app and access to the existing TV everywhere experience for pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Roku, CNN+, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
CNN announces pricing for CNN+
Mar 3, 2022 – CNN has announced that CNN+ will debut this spring with a content offering that will be available for purchase at $5.99 per month or $59.99 per year. CNN+ offers three types of content: live, on-demand and interactive programming.
News categories: CNN, Andrew Morse, Alex MacCallum, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Streaming services overtake TV Everywhere in the U.S.
Aug 25, 2021 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has published its 1H 2021 U.S. Video Marketplace Report. The report highlights the changing dynamics of how content owners and distributors are monetizing premium digital video content.
News categories: FreeWheel, James Rothwell, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
Jul 19, 2021 – CNN+ will feature original, live, on demand and interactive programming as a standalone D2C service with offerings that are separate and distinct from CNN, CNN International, HLN and CNN en Español linear TV channels.
News categories: CNN, Jeff Zucker, Andrew Morse, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution