Digital TV News: Cinedigm
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
Sep 28, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS 9.4 will start rolling out to Roku devices in the coming weeks. Roku OS 9.4 offers customers new ways to access content quickly and a range of performance enhancements.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cinedigm brings OTT portfolio to ZEASN powered Smart TVs
Sep 2, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) and ZEASN have announced a partnership to bring Cinedigm’s OTT channels and content to Smart TVs powered by ZEASN's Whale OS, including those from from Philips, Magnavox, and AOC.
News categories: Cinedigm, ZEASN, Tony Huidor, Jason He, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
Jul 29, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it now delivers 30+ live and linear channels to The Roku Channel, with Amagi delivering brands such as beIN, Buzzr, Cinedigm, Condé Nast, MGM, PeopleTV, Tastemade, TYT Network, and Yahoo Finance, among others.
News categories: Amagi, Roku, Srinivasan KA, Ashley Hovey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, OTT
Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
Jun 4, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with Vewd offering Cinedigm’s portfolio of streaming entertainment networks on Vewd-enabled devices. The move further extends Cinedigm’s reach and distribution worldwide.
News categories: Cinedigm, Vewd, Tony Huidor, Erick Opeka, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Future Today and Cinedigm terminate merger agreement
Mar 16, 2020 – Future Today has announced that its merger agreement with Cinedigm has been terminated. Future Today has instead entered into a content licensing arrangement with Cinedigm to expand its content offering.
News categories: Future Today, Cinedigm, Vikrant Mathur, Alok Ranjan, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
Feb 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced expanded development support for Roku via its Matchpoint Blueprint app platform. The development framework gives content owners the power to launch OTT video streaming apps optimized for all major app platforms.
News categories: Cinedigm, Roku, Tony Huidor, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
Feb 10, 2020 – As part of the re-launch of Cinedigm’s (NASDAQ: CIDM) Viewster AVOD service, the company has announced a partnership with Foxxum to expand Viewster’s device support to include Foxxum-supported devices worldwide.
News categories: Cinedigm, Foxxum, Tony Huidor, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES