Digital TV News: Freeview Australia
Digital TV Labs Appointed As First Test House For Freeview Australia EPG Product
Jun 3, 2010 – Digital TV Labs has become the first test facility to be approved by Freeview Australia as it launches its Freeview EPG product. The product includes an MHEG-based EPG, PVR functionality and support for the hybrid MHEG Interaction Channel.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Freeview Australia, Australia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Freeview NZ Adopts MHEG Interaction Channel For Hybrid Services
Feb 25, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview NZ has adopted the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) from the D-book 6.1 as part of an upgrade to its MHEG Country Profile that will allow hybrid services to be provided.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Advertising As You Fast Forward Coming To Freeview Australia
Jan 17, 2010 – Commercial TV stations in Australia are set to start selling 'fast forward' advertising in Freeview-certified devices, including set-top boxes, the Sony PS3, Freeview certified TVs and any device that has the new Freeview MHEG 5 processor built in.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Gaming, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Broadcom integrates S&T MHEG technology into STB and digital TV platforms
Sep 2, 2009 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has announced that it has licensed its RedKey™ 2 MHEG solution to Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) for the delivery of an interactive home entertainment experience in emerging HD DTT markets worldwide.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Broadcom, Digital TV, IBC2022, MHEG-5, Middleware, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Freeview Australia selects MHEG-5 as its middleware
Jul 20, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview Australia has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive TV middleware for the suite of free-to-air DTT channels that operate under the brand.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV