Digital TV News: Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
Dec 6, 2021 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FYBR) has announced a partnership with YouTube TV offering Frontier customers a streaming solution that allows them to cut the cord and still watch premium live and on-demand content.
News categories: Frontier Communications, YouTube TV, John Harrobin, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
Jun 22, 2021 – Several U.S. television distributors and TV brands have announced the formation of Go Addressable, an industry initiative designed to accelerate efforts to deliver scaled, addressable TV.
News categories: Go Addressable, Adam Gerber, Mike Dean, Sean Cunningham, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Frontier Communications agrees restructuring with bondholders
Apr 14, 2020 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) has announced that it has entered into a Restructuring Support Agreement with bondholders. To implement the plan, the company has voluntarily gone into Chapter 11.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Robert Schriesheim, Bernie Han, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, Finance, USA
Canoe adds Frontier to its dynamic ad insertion platform
Oct 28, 2019 – Canoe Ventures has added Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) to its footprint of VOD-DAI enabled television distributors. Frontier joins Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox as the fourth MVPD to utilize Canoe’s Service Assurance platform.
News categories: Canoe, Frontier Communications, Joel Hassell, Marcien Jenckes, James Frogameni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
4K Ultra HD TVs driving the flat panel TV market
Jul 12, 2018 – The increasing number of worldwide 4K flat panel TV shipments over the past few years is contributing to growth of the global flat panel TV market. 4K TV units account for more than one-third of TVs sold in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
May 22, 2018 – Customer satisfaction with video streaming services in the U.S. far eclipses that of subscription TV, according to an ACSI customer satisfaction report. In the report video streaming services had a score of 75, way above subscription TV’s score of 62.
News categories: American Customer Satisfaction Index, David VanAmburg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA, UX
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Frontier offers Amazon Alexa integration with FiOS Quantum TV
Nov 3, 2017 – Frontier Communications’ FiOS Quantum TV subscribers can now enjoy a hands-free video experience using Amazon Alexa. The integration of Amazon Echo devices with Quantum TV ends the 'sofa search' for the remote control.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Amazon, John Maduri, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023