Digital TV News: Gaian Solutions
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
WKAR at MSU launches NextGen TV accelerator with Gaian Solutions
Dec 30, 2019 – WKAR Public Media at MSU and Gaian Solutions have launched Apollo PublicTV Platform, a NextGen TV accelerator platform for public broadcasters. As well as services for broadcasters, the platform includes a certification program for technology providers.
News categories: WKAR Public Media, Gaian Solutions, Michigan State University, APTS, Susi Elkins, Chandra Kotaru, Prabu David, Patrick Butler, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, USA
Gaian Solutions, Sinclair and ONE Media 3.0 to develop ATSC 3.0 services platform
Apr 6, 2018 – Gaian Solutions, Sinclair (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0 are to work together to create a Next Generation Broadcast Platform (NGBP) to support Sinclair's ATSC 3.0 vision and plan to deploy a proof of concept before the end of the year.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Gaian Solutions, Mark Aitken, Chandra Kotaru, Advertising, Apps, ATSC 3.0, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0