Digital TV News: Genesis Microchip
STMicroelectronics Unveils System-on-Chip for Broadband-Internet Integrated Digital TVs
Dec 16, 2009 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the launch of a new generation of high-performance, full high-definition (FHD) H.264/MPEG System-on-Chip (SoC) ICs for the worldwide flat-panel digital TV (DTV) market.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV
STMicroelectronics at CEATEC JAPAN 2008
Sep 25, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will showcase its latest products and technologies for applications across a wide variety of markets, including home appliances, automotive, industrial, computer, healthcare and wireless, at CEATEC JAPAN 2008.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Worldwide TV IC Market Grew 21% Y/Y in Q2'08; Mediatek Remains the Market Leader
Sep 11, 2008 – The worldwide market for TV ICs was 29.8 million units in Q2'08, 21% higher than Q2'07. Shipments were up 7.8% compared to Q1'08, as TV set makers built in line with seasonality and rapid flat panel TV sales growth in the US and Eastern Europe.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics Completes Acquisition of Genesis Microchip
Jan 25, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has announced that it has performed all necessary steps to complete its acquisition of Genesis Microchip Inc. and has therefore concluded the acquisition.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart TV
STMicroelectronics Reports 2007 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Revenues and Earnings
Jan 22, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2007. Net revenues for the fourth quarter increased 6.9% sequentially to $2.74 billion from the $2.57 billion reported in the prior quarter.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Full Release, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
LG Electronics Designs Genesis Microchip's 'Douglas' SoC into New Digital TV Platforms
Jan 8, 2008 – Genesis® Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced that it has begun volume shipments to LG Electronics of its Douglas Digital TV controller to power LG's new LCD and Plasma Digital TV platforms.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Genesis Microchip Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2008 Financial Results
Nov 1, 2007 – Genesis Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced its financial results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2008, which ended September 30, 2007.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, Earnings Release, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Smart TV
DisplaySearch Reports Q2'07 TV IC Shipments Rose 12% Q/Q and 51% Y/Y
Sep 26, 2007 – According to DisplaySearch, Q2'07 video processor, MPEG video processor and de-interlacer/scalar unit shipment growth was 12% Q/Q and 51% on a Y/Y basis. Overall revenues declined 3% Q/Q due to ASP margin declines in the quarter that were faster than unit shipment growth but showed a 8% Y/Y increase.
News categories: DisplaySearch, NPD Group, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Genesis Microchip Launches "Douglas", Third Generation DTV System-on-a-Chip Family With New Faroudja Video Processing Technologies
Sep 25, 2007 – Genesis® Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced the launch of 'Douglas,' its third generation HDTV system-on-a-chip family which will be demonstrated at the 2007 International CEATEC tradeshow in Chiba, Japan
News categories: Genesis Microchip, ATSC 3, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS