Digital TV News: Grupo Globo
Globoplay app for Philips and AOC TVs via partnership with ZEASN
Nov 2, 2021 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Globo. As part of the deal, the biggest Brazilian streaming service, Globoplay, has been made available via a native solution on the latest Philips and AOC smart TVs.
News categories: ZEASN, TPV, Globo, Jason He, Eduardo Brunoro, Fernando Ramos, Apps, Brazil, Smart TV, Streaming
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
Oct 16, 2019 – At the Rock in Rio festival, Grupo Globo launched the first 5G Broadcast field trial in Brazil with equipment from Rohde & Schwarz. The objective of the project is to validate the operability and market opportunities of the technology.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Grupo Globo, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Globo.com selects Elemental to deliver 4K VOD
Feb 20, 2017 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Globo.com has selected its video processing to power its new 4K video-on-demand (VOD) services. The agreement expands the broadcaster’s existing Elemental deployment.
News categories: Elemental, Globo.com, Dan Marshall, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media