Digital TV News: Hitachi-Comark
BitRouter completes successful trials of ZapperBox M1 ATSC receiver
Oct 19, 2022 – BitRouter has concluded successful beta trials of its ZapperBox M1 ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 receiver, covering NEXTGEN TV markets in the US as well as Jamaica. The company is shipping the latest version of its ATSC3pak software with each ZapperBox.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Jamaica, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
ARK Multicasting demos last mile edge caching with ATSC 3.0
Oct 6, 2020 – ARK Multicasting has announced a successful pilot of last mile edge caching using ATSC 3.0. The demo showed caching of 4K, HD, and SD video files on a consumer edge device for video on demand.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, ATSC, Comark, Joshua Weiss, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Comark releases all-in-one transmitter for Non-Repack and NextGen TV
Sep 18, 2020 – Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark has released its PARALLAX All-In-One (AIO) DTV transmitter for non-repack and NextGen TV requirements. PARALLAX AIO is a compact transmitter intended for medium power DTV markets.
News categories: Comark, Tom Barbeau, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance launched
Jun 11, 2020 – Broadcast and cable media solution providers have launched the NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition to help accelerate the industry's evolution toward next-generation broadcast and OTT TV systems.
News categories: NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, Edward Czarnecki, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
Oct 8, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced the first broadcast of both ATSC 1.0 and NEXTGEN TV ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack. An ATSC 1.0 signal was tested with a Hitachi-Comark transmitter and Ateme encoder. Using the same transmission equipment with the addition of an ATSC 3.0 stack by ENENSYS, the signal was converted to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Hitachi-Comark, Airwavz.tv, ENENSYS, ATEME, Vern Fotheringham, Dick Fiore, Bonnie Beeman, Régis LE ROUX, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December