Digital TV News: Hive
Home-grown platforms reinvigorate European smart home market
Jul 31, 2018 – Long challenged to emulate growth rates in the U.S. market, the European smart home market and its proponents are increasingly finding a way to develop and adapt smart home offerings to suit the specific requirements of the disparate European market.
News categories: ABI Research, Jonathan Collins, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
BT TV to include the Amazon Prime Video app
May 16, 2018 – BT TV has announced plans to include the Amazon Prime Video app as part of the service in addition to Netflix. Customers will also be able to access Now TV from 2019. BT will be the first major UK TV platform to offer Prime Video through its set-top boxes.
News categories: BT Group, Marc Allera, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Hive and 605 partner on joint offering
Apr 9, 2018 – Hive has partnered on a joint offering with 605. This joint offering is designed to provide deeper insights into both paid and earned media on television. The joint offering will be showcased at Hive’s exhibit at this year’s NAB Show.
News categories: 605, Hive, Ben Tatta, Kevin Guo, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
European smart home market awakens
Sep 6, 2017 – Parks Associates has released a report showing that despite an initially conservative approach to IoT opportunities, many different types of EU companies are now pioneering approaches and introducing beneficial IoT use cases for their customers.
News categories: Parks Associates, Tricia Parks, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
IPTV and DTT - The rise of Free-to-air and Customized TV Experiences
Oct 13, 2009 – The IMS Research study 'IPTV: A Global Market Analysis' reveals that nearly 13% of total worldwide IP set-top box (STB) shipments in 2008 were operator deployed IP+DTT STBs.
News categories: IMS Research, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Hitachi Delivers High-Capacity, Low-Power Digital Video Storage For the Tera Era
Jul 30, 2008 – Hitachi Global Storage Technologies has introduced two new CinemaStar™ hard drives optimized for use in digital video recorders (DVRs) and set-top boxes. The CinemaStar drives include silent-seek acoustics for nearly inaudible operation.
News categories: Hitachi Global Storage, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
First Fully Programmable High Definition H.264 Video Solution Demonstrated by AllGo Systems and Silicon Hive
Nov 14, 2007 – Silicon Hive B.V. and AllGo Embedded Systems Pvt. Ltd. are demonstrating a fully-programmable Full High Definition H.264 Baseline Level 4 decoder solution at the Embedded Technology Exhibition in Yokohama, Japan from Nov 14-16th 2007.
News categories: Silicon Hive, AllGo Embedded Systems, Embedded Technology (ET), Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform