Digital TV News: HomePlug Powerline Alliance
DLNA® Approves HomePlug AV and HD-PLC Powerline Networking for Increased Digital Home Connectivity
Mar 12, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), HomePlug Powerline Alliance and HD-PLC Alliance have announced that the HomePlug AV and HD-PLC powerline networking standards have been approved for incorporation into DNLA's Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, HomePlug Powerline Alliance, HD-PLC Alliance, Gateway, Router, Smart Home
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces AV2 Specification for Broadband Speeds over Powerline Wires
Jan 9, 2012 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced the availability of the HomePlug AV2 specification. This new HomePlug technology enables significant performance and coverage for broadband networking over powerline wires.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 – The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Gaming, Gateway, Home Server, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
IPTV and Multi-room DVR Driving Growth for 'No-new-wire' Connectivity
Aug 16, 2010 – Though wireless is currently king in terms of home networking technologies, the use of wired solutions, particularly 'no-new-wires' e.g. HomePlug, HomePNA and MoCA, is on the rise and forecast to experience a boom over the next five years.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance enhances AV2 specification
Jul 28, 2010 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that its Technical Working Group (TWG) has made major advancements to the HomePlug AV2 specification, designed to meet the expanding requirements of the connected digital home.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
HomePlug Powerline Alliance Announces Milestones
Mar 22, 2010 – At the IPTV World Forum the HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced several key milestones. The organization has added nine companies to its roster, and is nearing the completion of its Green PHY (GP) specification for Smart Grid applications.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Video Exchange
HomePlug® Technology Incorporated into IEEE P1901 Standard Baseline
Dec 22, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that the IEEE P1901 Working Group approved proposals including key HomePlug technology as the baseline for an IEEE powerline communications standard.
News categories: HomePlug® Powerline Alliance, IEEE P1901 Working Group, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Intellon's Technology, the Baseline for HomePlug 1.0, Integrated into New TIA-1113 International Standard by Telecommunications Industry Association
May 29, 2008 – Intellon (Nasdaq: ITLN) has applauded the decision by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) to incorporate HomePlug 1.0 powerline technology into its newly published TIA-1113 international standard.
News categories: Intellon, Telecommunications Industry Association, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Control of IPTV Home Network Improves OpEx & Future Revenue Opportunities
Mar 3, 2008 – A new report from MRG, 'IPTV Home Networking Strategies, 2008,' explores the strategic importance of the Home Network for IPTV Operators.
News categories: MRG, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC