Digital TV News: Hub Entertainment Research
Internet playing even more dominant role in US entertainment consumption
Dec 10, 2020 – The second wave of Hub's 'Predicting the Pandemic' study shows how the pandemic has accelerated the well-established shift to online consumption of entertainment content across multiple facets of the leisure economy.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Hub Entertainment Research surveys USA TV service value perceptions
Apr 30, 2018 – Hub Entertainment Research has released findings from its annual study on the perceived value of TV services. The results reveal a large gap in perceived value between online TV services and traditional cable, satellite, or fiber optic services.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Jon Giegengack, Peter Fondulas, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Online overtakes the STB as the home for favorite TV shows in the U.S.
Nov 8, 2017 – According to Hub Entertainment Research, for the first time since the company's tracking began in 2014, viewers in the U.S. are now more likely to say they watch a recently discovered favorite show from an online source than through their pay TV set-top box.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
vMVPD services haven’t yet caught on in the U.S.
May 8, 2017 – Virtual MVPDs were developed as a less-expensive alternative to traditional MVPD subscriptions. But over the time these services have been available, there’s been no appreciable drop in the number of viewers who subscribe to pay TV, according to Hub Research.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
CTAM releases study results on U.S. TV Everywhere viewing
Apr 20, 2017 – CTAM and Hub Entertainment Research have released results of a recent tracking study on TV Everywhere (TVE) viewing, based on reported consumer data collected continuously across a six-month span, August 2016 to January 2017.
News categories: CTAM, Hub Entertainment Research, Anne Cowan, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Everywhere, USA
Hub Research confirms viewers prefer to pay for TV networks à la carte
Mar 23, 2017 – Hub’s new study, 'Let’s Get Ready to Bundle,' confirms that consumers would prefer a TV service model where they select, and pay for, only the individual networks they’re most interested in watching.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
TV viewers would rather watch ad-supported online TV than pay for a subscription
Sep 27, 2016 – The online TV market appears to be settling on monthly or yearly subscriptions as its pay model of choice. But according to Hub, a majority of TV consumers (53%) say they actually prefer free TV, where they 'pay' by viewing commercials.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Hulu and Amazon SVOD almost always used in conjunction with Netflix
Jul 12, 2016 – A new study from Hub gives more evidence that consumer demand is converging around one model: subscription on demand. Two thirds (66%) of U.S. TV viewers with broadband subscribe to at least one SVOD. That includes 64% of those with a traditional pay TV package.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Jon Giegengack, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
SVOD becomes dominant U.S. model for accessing TV online
May 4, 2016 – According to a study by Hub Entertainment Research, streaming subscription has become the dominant model for accessing TV online in the U.S., clearly outpacing ad-supported aggregators, TV Everywhere, and transactional services.
News categories: Hub Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results