Digital TV News: Ivi.ru
250 million households now pay for streaming video services
Feb 27, 2018 – The number of households worldwide which pay for streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Video has now broken through the 250 million mark, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Foxxum Smart TV adds ivi.ru app
Jul 19, 2016 – Foxxum and ivi.ru, with more than 20% market share and about 30 million users per month one of the largest Russian online movie theaters, have announced, that the ivi.ru app is now available on Foxxum Smart TV.
News categories: Foxxum, ivi.ru, Ronny Lutzi, Irina Grandel, Apps, Russia, Streaming
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia's ivi adds personalised TV to VOD offering
May 25, 2015 – ivi has announced the launch of ivi tv - a personalized TV service integrated with its VOD platform. The service combines traditional TV with VOD, recommendation algorithms, and the option to choose what to watch and when.
News categories: ivi, ivi tv, Oleg Tumanov, Apps, Digital TV, Russia, Smart TV, Streaming
Verimatrix Chosen to Secure Russia's Free Internet Service Ivi.ru
Feb 11, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Ivi.ru, the largest and most popular free Internet cinema in Russia, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) for Internet TV to provide security for its over-the-top (OTT) video-on-demand (VoD) service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Ivi.ru, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Russia, Streaming
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart