Digital TV News: MAGNA Global
Roku to acquire dataxu
Oct 22, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to purchase dataxu. dataxu provides marketers with an automated bidding and self-serve software solution to manage ad campaigns programmatically across digital platforms.
News categories: Roku, dataxu, Anthony Wood, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
49% of U.S. video ad impressions going to connected TV
Jun 26, 2019 – With impressions increasing nearly 60% Y-o-Y, connected TV advertising now accounts for nearly half of impressions served in the U.S. according to Extreme Reach, highlighting the massive impact of CTV on multiple aspects of digital advertising.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Mary Vestewig, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
May 22, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced Activation Insights, a tool to target audiences that have shifted to OTT. The capability combines a review of a brand’s linear TV campaign performance with an analysis of the potential OTT audience missed and the optimal budget spend on the Roku platform.
News categories: Roku, Scott Rosenberg, Michael Piner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Roku video ads more effective than linear TV ads
Apr 25, 2018 – Video ads on the Roku OTT platform are 67 percent more effective per exposure at driving purchase intent than ads on broadcast and cable television, according to a study conducted by MAGNA, IPG Media Lab and Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU).
News categories: Roku, MAGNA, IPG Media Lab, Scott Rosenberg, Kara Manatt, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Nielsen to include credit for viewing on Facebook, Hulu and YouTube
Aug 15, 2017 – Nielsen has announced that it will begin crediting video content distributed on Facebook, Hulu and YouTube in Digital Content Ratings. Through this capability, clients can capture incremental viewing of their content within their reported audience numbers.
News categories: Nielsen, Megan Clarken, Advertising, Big Data, Streaming, USA
MAGNA partners with Roku to deliver targeted advertising to OTT audiences
Jan 25, 2017 – MAGNA, a unit of IPG Mediabrands, has announced a partnership with Roku to deliver targeted advertising to OTT audiences. Through the partnership IPG Mediabrands clients will gain access to the advertising capabilities of the Roku platform.
News categories: MAGNA Global, Roku, IPG Mediabrands, David Cohen, Scott Rosenberg, Advertising, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
May 4, 2016 – Hulu has announced that its subscriber base has grown over 30% year over year and will reach 12 million subscribers in the U.S. by this month. Hulu also unveiled new content deals and advertising partnerships with Nielsen and Millward Brown.
News categories: Hulu, BrightLine, Millward Brown, Mike Hopkins, Peter Naylor, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media