Digital TV News: MCIT
Afghanistan officially launches digital TV broadcasting
Sep 1, 2014 – Afghanistan’s digital TV system has been officially inaugurated in a ceremony held at the Kabul Serena Hotel on Sunday August 31, 2014. The event was attended by the state profiles, members of Parliament and representatives of the mass media.
News categories: MCIT, Amirzai Sangin, Afghanistan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Afghanistan issues digital broadcasting network licence to ACG
Aug 21, 2013 – Afghanistan's Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT) has announced that it has signed a contract with ACG for the change-over of the country's analogue TV to a digital system.
News categories: MCIT, ACG, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan begins transition to DVB-T2 digital broadcasting
Aug 13, 2013 – Teleradio Production Association (PA), part of Azerbaijan's Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (MCIT), has begun the conversion of digital television broadcast transmitters in the country from DVB-T to DVB-T2.
News categories: Teleradio, MCIT, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Afghanistan to change its analogue TV system to digital
Jan 23, 2013 – To change its analogue system to digital, Afghanistan has announced that it has selected the DVB-T2 standard and the process of implementation will begin in Kabul City first and will complete in five years.
News categories: Ministry of Communication and IT, Afghanistan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup