Digital TV News: MHL Consortium
MHL Consortium showcases superMHL at CES2016
Jan 5, 2016 – MHL Consortium will have the latest superMHL innovations on display at CES 2016. Attendees will be able to get hands-on with a complete 8K home entertainment system powered by superMHL technology. MHL’s latest specification supports advanced color and High Dynamic Range (HDR).
News categories: MHL Consortium, Futuresource, Gordon Hands, Jack Wetherill, CES2021, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
Silicon Image introduces world's first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor
Mar 16, 2015 – Silicon Image has announced the world’s first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor. The SiI9779 supports superMHL which is targeted at the home theater/CE market and delivers 8K 60fps video and immersive object audio.
News categories: Silicon Image, Cheng Hwee Chee, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
MHL Consortium announces superMHL - first to support 8K
Jan 6, 2015 – MHL Consortium has announced the superMHL™ specification, the next-generation of MHL® technology for CE and mobile devices. superMHL delivers higher resolution and frame rates along with 40W of power charging, while broadening MHL’s reach by supporting 8K video resolution.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Rob Tobias, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
First MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD products to be unveiled at Mobile World Congress
Feb 24, 2014 – MHL, LLC has announced that more than half a billion MHL products have been shipped since the inception of the standard. The first MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD Products will be on show at Mobile World Congress 2014.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Mobile, MWC20, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
Dec 16, 2013 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the industry’s first 4K Ultra HD MHL® 3.0 solution. MHL is the leading HD and 4K Ultra HD connectivity standard for connecting a mobile device to large screen displays, while simultaneously charging the device.
News categories: Silicon Image, David Kuo, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Parade Technologies Enters HDMI®-to-MHL™ Transmitter Chip Market
Sep 4, 2012 – Parade Technologies (Taiwan OTC: 4966.TWO) has announced its entry into the HDMI®-to-MHL™ transmitter IC market. The PS5101 converts 19-wire HDMI video streams into 5-wire MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) for transmission to external TVs and CE devices.
News categories: Parade Technologies, Camcorder, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
More Than 50 Million MHL Products Shipped Globally in 2011
Feb 21, 2012 – MHL, LLC, responsible for administering the MHL Consortium and the adoption, licensing and promotion of the MHL™ (Mobile High-Definition Link) specification, has announced that more than 50 million MHL products were shipped globally in 2011.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Market Research, MWC20, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
First MHL-Enabled Smartphones Now in Mass Production
May 16, 2011 – The MHL Consortium has announced that the first mobile phones with MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) connectivity are now in mass production - the Samsung Galaxy S II and Infuse™ 4G.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat