Digital TV News: MTS Allstream
Video services market expected to top $250 billion in 2014
Jun 1, 2010 – Market research firm Infonetics Research released the first edition of its 2010 biannual Video Services and Subscribers report, which tracks telco Internet Protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services and subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
IPTV and video equipment and service markets hampered by slowing subscriber growth
Jan 5, 2010 – Market research firm Infonetics Research has published three video-related market share and forecast reports: 'Video Infrastructure and Subscribers', 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers', and 'Video Services and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers
MTS Allstream Launches Canada's First Whole Home PVR
Oct 19, 2009 – MTS Allstream has launched Canada's first Whole Home personal video recorder (PVR). This new and more advanced PVR is capable of recording up to three programs at the same time and playing back programs from any connected TV in the home.
News categories: MTS Allstream, Kelvin Shepherd, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MTS Expands Canadian IPTV Services with 2Wire HomePortal Intelligent Gateways
Feb 25, 2009 – 2Wire has announced that MTS Allstream (TSE:MBT) has selected its HomePortal® intelligent gateways to enable a major expansion of its IPTV services in Manitoba, Canada.
News categories: 2Wire, MTS Allstream, Broadband, Canada, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV
MTS Allstream first with Microsoft Mediaroom in Canada
Jan 19, 2009 – MTS Allstream (Toronto: MBT) has launched a new digital television service in Portage la Prairie. MTS is the first company in Canada to launch with technology from Alcatel-Lucent and using the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV platform.
News categories: MTS Allstream, Microsoft, Kelvin Shepherd, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware
Alcatel-Lucent passes market adoption milestone with 50 customers for its Triple Play Service Delivery Architecture (TPSDA)
Jan 17, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced the broad acceptance of its Triple Play Service Delivery Architecture (TPSDA) with 50 service providers worldwide now having selected or deployed the industry-leading blue print architecture.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Content Distribution, IPTV
MTS Allstream to Work With Microsoft and Alcatel-Lucent to Introduce Enhanced Broadband Internet and TV Services
Jan 17, 2008 – MTS Allstream has announced that it will move forward with steps to introduce next generation high-speed Internet and TV services to Manitoba customers, with more HDTV offerings, PVR and DVR functionality, improved guide features and other advances.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, MTS Allstream, Alex Giosa, Christine Heckart, Kelvin Shepherd, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware
MTS TV - 75,000 Subscribers Strong in Winnipeg
Oct 30, 2007 – MTS TV, the digital television service offered by MTS Allstream in Winnipeg, has reached another milestone after officially acquiring a total of 75,000 customers.
News categories: MTS Allstream, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
Canada - MTS TV passes 70,000 subscribers
Apr 27, 2007 – MTS TV, the digital television product offered by MTS Allstream Inc. in Winnipeg, crossed yet another major milestone today after officially installing 70,000 customers. More …
News categories: Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters