Digital TV News: Maxar Technologies
Arianespace orbits Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b satellites
Aug 15, 2020 – Arianespace has launched three satellites into orbit - Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b. BSAT-4b will be used for DTH television in Japan. Galaxy 30 will provide UHD video distribution/broadcast across North America.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, North America, Satellite
EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
Jan 28, 2020 – EUTELSAT 7C has entered full commercial service. Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) teams have migrated a number of services from EUTELSAT 7A to EUTELSAT 7C, including Digiturk and TRT for Turkey, and Globecast for coverage across Europe and the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
Jun 21, 2019 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has confirmed the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C. EUTELSAT 7C is high-power broadcast satellite which will serve markets across Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Turkey, through 49 36-MHz equivalent Ku-band transponders.
News categories: Eutelsat, Maxar, Arianespace, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
EUTELSAT 7C completing final stages of pre-launch preparation
May 7, 2019 – EUTELSAT 7C is currently undergoing final preparations ahead of shipment to the Arianespace launch site in French Guiana, where it is due to be launched before the end of June. EUTELSAT 7C will serve markets across Africa, Europe, Middle East and Turkey.
News categories: Eutelsat, Maxar Technologies, Yohann Leroy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Arianespace wins contract for BSAT-4b
Apr 19, 2018 – Arianespace has announced that it will launch BSAT-4b, under the term of a turnkey contract between B-SAT and Maxar’s SSL. BSAT-4b will be launched by an Ariane 5 in 2020 from the Guiana Space Center.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
SSL to provide multi-mission satellite for Embratel Star One
Oct 30, 2017 – Maxar Technologies (NYSE: MAXR; TSX: MAXR) has announced that SSL, a business unit of Maxar Technologies, has signed a contract to provide a multi-mission communications satellite called Star One D2 to Embratel Star One.
News categories: SSL, Embratel Star One, Dario Zamarian, Gustavo Silbert, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Plex raises $50 million from investor Intercap
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming