Digital TV News: Maxar Technologies
Arianespace orbits Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b satellites
Aug 15, 2020 – Arianespace has launched three satellites into orbit - Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b. BSAT-4b will be used for DTH television in Japan. Galaxy 30 will provide UHD video distribution/broadcast across North America.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, North America, Satellite
EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
Jan 28, 2020 – EUTELSAT 7C has entered full commercial service. Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) teams have migrated a number of services from EUTELSAT 7A to EUTELSAT 7C, including Digiturk and TRT for Turkey, and Globecast for coverage across Europe and the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
Jun 21, 2019 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has confirmed the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C. EUTELSAT 7C is high-power broadcast satellite which will serve markets across Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Turkey, through 49 36-MHz equivalent Ku-band transponders.
News categories: Eutelsat, Maxar, Arianespace, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
EUTELSAT 7C completing final stages of pre-launch preparation
May 7, 2019 – EUTELSAT 7C is currently undergoing final preparations ahead of shipment to the Arianespace launch site in French Guiana, where it is due to be launched before the end of June. EUTELSAT 7C will serve markets across Africa, Europe, Middle East and Turkey.
News categories: Eutelsat, Maxar Technologies, Yohann Leroy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Arianespace wins contract for BSAT-4b
Apr 19, 2018 – Arianespace has announced that it will launch BSAT-4b, under the term of a turnkey contract between B-SAT and Maxar’s SSL. BSAT-4b will be launched by an Ariane 5 in 2020 from the Guiana Space Center.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
SSL to provide multi-mission satellite for Embratel Star One
Oct 30, 2017 – Maxar Technologies (NYSE: MAXR; TSX: MAXR) has announced that SSL, a business unit of Maxar Technologies, has signed a contract to provide a multi-mission communications satellite called Star One D2 to Embratel Star One.
News categories: SSL, Embratel Star One, Dario Zamarian, Gustavo Silbert, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data