Digital TV News: Maxar
Arianespace orbits Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b satellites
Aug 15, 2020 – Arianespace has launched three satellites into orbit - Galaxy 30, MEV-2 and BSAT-4b. BSAT-4b will be used for DTH television in Japan. Galaxy 30 will provide UHD video distribution/broadcast across North America.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, North America, Satellite
EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
Jan 28, 2020 – EUTELSAT 7C has entered full commercial service. Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) teams have migrated a number of services from EUTELSAT 7A to EUTELSAT 7C, including Digiturk and TRT for Turkey, and Globecast for coverage across Europe and the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
Jun 21, 2019 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has confirmed the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C. EUTELSAT 7C is high-power broadcast satellite which will serve markets across Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Turkey, through 49 36-MHz equivalent Ku-band transponders.
News categories: Eutelsat, Maxar, Arianespace, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
EUTELSAT 7C completing final stages of pre-launch preparation
May 7, 2019 – EUTELSAT 7C is currently undergoing final preparations ahead of shipment to the Arianespace launch site in French Guiana, where it is due to be launched before the end of June. EUTELSAT 7C will serve markets across Africa, Europe, Middle East and Turkey.
News categories: Eutelsat, Maxar Technologies, Yohann Leroy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Arianespace wins contract for BSAT-4b
Apr 19, 2018 – Arianespace has announced that it will launch BSAT-4b, under the term of a turnkey contract between B-SAT and Maxar’s SSL. BSAT-4b will be launched by an Ariane 5 in 2020 from the Guiana Space Center.
News categories: Arianespace, Stéphane Israël, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
SSL to provide multi-mission satellite for Embratel Star One
Oct 30, 2017 – Maxar Technologies (NYSE: MAXR; TSX: MAXR) has announced that SSL, a business unit of Maxar Technologies, has signed a contract to provide a multi-mission communications satellite called Star One D2 to Embratel Star One.
News categories: SSL, Embratel Star One, Dario Zamarian, Gustavo Silbert, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K