Digital TV News: Movies Anywhere
MultiChoice to bring Disney+ to South African DStv subscribers
Apr 25, 2022 – MultiChoice has announced that it will bring Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service, Disney+, to DStv subscribers in South Africa. Disney+ will launch on 18 May 2022 and will be available to DStv subscribers via the Explora Ultra decoder.
News categories: MultiChoice, Walt Disney, Calvo Mawela, Christine Service, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Movies Anywhere now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Jun 23, 2020 – VIZIO has added the MOVIES ANYWHERE app to its SmartCast TV platform. MOVIES ANYWHERE offers a way for users to access movies purchased across platforms and digital retailer accounts, all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Movies Anywhere, Mike O'Donnel, Karin Gilford, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
Mar 21, 2019 – Comcast has announced the launch of Xfinity Flex. Available to Xfinity Internet customers, the service consists of a 4K HDR streaming TV device with voice remote, packaged with Comcast’s home WiFi, mobile, security, and automation services.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
Connected TV and streaming player adoption spurring digital video purchases and rentals
Oct 30, 2018 – According to The NPD Group, as of August 2018, 61 million households in the U.S. had at least one internet-connected TV, video game console, Blu-ray Disc player or streaming media player. As a result more consumers are choosing to rent and purchase digital movies.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Ricardo Solar, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Charter to offer Apple TV 4K to Spectrum cable customers
Jun 4, 2018 – Apple has announced that Charter Communications will begin offering Apple TV 4K to its customers. Customers will have access to live channels and on-demand programs via a Spectrum TV app on their Apple TV 4K, iPhone and iPad.
News categories: Apple, Charter Communications, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
US SVoD culture continues to strengthen
Feb 20, 2018 – The overall US video and Pay-TV market continues its healthy overall growth and is set to reach $140 billion by the end of 2018, according to Futuresource Consulting. This is despite the continuously evolving and challenging landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Disney Movies Anywhere adds Fios by Verizon to its digital footprint
Aug 23, 2016 – Disney Movies Anywhere has announced that Fios by Verizon customers in the U.S. can connect their digital movie collections across the Disney Movies Anywhere ecosystem and watch them from the living room or a wide array of mobile devices.
News categories: Disney, Verizon, Dan Cohen, Tricia Lynch, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, Streaming
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire