Digital TV News: Myriad Group
Two-in-five Pay TV households to have STB apps by 2019
Feb 28, 2014 – In 2013 ABI Research estimates one out of every ten pay TV households had access to applications on the set-top box. By 2019 nearly 40% of pay TV households should have access to similar services and features.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Michael Inouye, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pace to use Myriad Java in select set-top boxes and gateways
Apr 30, 2013 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has announced that Pace (LSE: PIC) has selected Myriad's Java™ technology for use in their RDK compliant set-top boxes. The JVM is a key component of the Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK).
News categories: Myriad Group, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Myriad to Provide JVM for Comcast tru2way Set-Top Boxes
Jan 9, 2012 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has announced that it will deliver its Java™ technology for use in Comcast's tru2way set-top software platform to power the Xfinity TV service.
News categories: Myriad Group, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Myriad and Broadcom Deliver Popular Android Apps to the TV
Jan 4, 2012 – Myriad (SIX:MYRN) and Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) have announced a joint effort to drive the Android ecosystem to TVs. Myriad's Alien Vue is now supported on Broadcom STB platforms, simplifying the delivery of Android-based interactive apps to the TV.
News categories: Myriad Group, Broadcom, Apps, CES2021, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Myriad Brings Android to Your TV
Dec 21, 2011 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has unveiled Myriad Alien Vue. Myriad's latest Alien release enables Internet access via TV allowing Android apps to run alongside existing television functions, in a unified user experience.
News categories: Myriad Group, Apps, CES2021, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding