Digital TV News: Myriad Group
Two-in-five Pay TV households to have STB apps by 2019
Feb 28, 2014 – In 2013 ABI Research estimates one out of every ten pay TV households had access to applications on the set-top box. By 2019 nearly 40% of pay TV households should have access to similar services and features.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Michael Inouye, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pace to use Myriad Java in select set-top boxes and gateways
Apr 30, 2013 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has announced that Pace (LSE: PIC) has selected Myriad's Java™ technology for use in their RDK compliant set-top boxes. The JVM is a key component of the Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK).
News categories: Myriad Group, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Myriad to Provide JVM for Comcast tru2way Set-Top Boxes
Jan 9, 2012 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has announced that it will deliver its Java™ technology for use in Comcast's tru2way set-top software platform to power the Xfinity TV service.
News categories: Myriad Group, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Myriad and Broadcom Deliver Popular Android Apps to the TV
Jan 4, 2012 – Myriad (SIX:MYRN) and Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) have announced a joint effort to drive the Android ecosystem to TVs. Myriad's Alien Vue is now supported on Broadcom STB platforms, simplifying the delivery of Android-based interactive apps to the TV.
News categories: Myriad Group, Broadcom, Apps, CES2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Myriad Brings Android to Your TV
Dec 21, 2011 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has unveiled Myriad Alien Vue. Myriad's latest Alien release enables Internet access via TV allowing Android apps to run alongside existing television functions, in a unified user experience.
News categories: Myriad Group, Apps, CES2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying