Digital TV News: NeuLion
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance and CTA to co-develop streaming media QoE guidelines
Sep 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance and the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have announced its collaboration to develop industry-wide guidelines pertaining to streaming media Quality of Experience (QoE).
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Consumer Technology Association, Jason Thibeault, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Hisense to integrate DivX HEVC in its 4K Ultra HD TVs
May 27, 2015 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that Hisense will integrate support for its DivX HEVC Ultra HD video playback into its 4K TV product portfolio.
News categories: NeuLion, Hisense, Kanaan Jemili, Erin Magee, Licensing, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Broadcom cable SoCs DivX Certified for HEVC Ultra HD
Apr 13, 2015 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that Broadcom's family of Ultra HD solutions has been DivX Certified for HEVC Ultra HD, enabling support for 4K video streaming on cable set-top boxes.
News categories: NeuLion, Broadcom, Kanaan Jemili, Joseph Del Rio, Cable TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Gartner Says Worldwide IPTV Subscriptions to Grow 64 Per Cent in 2008
Sep 25, 2008 – Worldwide subscriptions to internet Protocol television (IPTV) services are on pace to reach 19.6 million subscribers in 2008, a 64.1 per cent increase from 12 million subscribers in 2007, according to Gartner (NYSE: IT).
News categories: Gartner, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil