Digital TV News: Parks Associates
39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
Oct 12, 2021 – Data from Parks Associates reveals that three out of the top five factors that drive OTT service subscriptions involve content and that the inability to find relevant content is a top reason for consumers leaving a service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Nick Cicero, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Synamedia extends OTT piracy protection to the CDN
Oct 7, 2021 – Synamedia has launched Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard, the first solution to protect content across all open platforms - whether mobile, browsers, or smart TVs - and the first to extend service protection to the CDN.
News categories: Synamedia, Nitsan Baider, Janice Pearson, Jennifer Kent, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Significant growth in U.S. smart TV and smart speaker/display adoption
Sep 29, 2021 – Parks Associates' Consumer Electronics Dashboard reveals that among the most commonly adopted CE device categories, smart TVs and smart speakers/displays showed significant growth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
Sep 13, 2021 – Consumer data from Parks Associates has revealed that 54% of US broadband households now combine one of the Big 3, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, with at least one other subscription OTT service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. OTT video subscriptions to grow 20% over next five years
Aug 24, 2021 – Parks Associates has announced that the number of OTT subscriptions in the U.S. will increase from nearly 230 million in 2021 to more than 277 million in 2026, an increase of over 20% in five years.
News categories: Parks Associates, Everise, Kristen Hanich, Dave Palmer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
36% of US broadband households subscribing to or trialing video gaming
Aug 18, 2021 – Research from Parks Associates has found that 75% of heads of US broadband households report playing video games for at least one hour per week and 36% subscribe to or are trialing at least one free or paid gaming service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, USA
U.S. cord-cutters averaging $85 per month on OTT services
Aug 5, 2021 – Research from Parks Associates finds U.S. cord-cutters are spending $85 per month on average for their online pay-TV or standalone subscription-based services, roughly $30 less than they were paying for traditional pay TV.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
Jul 28, 2021 – Parks Associates' latest Video Services Dashboard reveals that 82% of US broadband households subscribe to at least one OTT service, up six points Y-o-Y, while 58% subscribe to a traditional pay-TV service, down four points Y-o-Y.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. pay TV loses over 18 million subscribers between 2014 and 2020
Jul 8, 2021 – Parks Associates estimates that between 2014 and 2020, the US pay TV industry lost over 18 million subscribers. Pay TV operators are thus seeking alternatives to traditional pay TV for their consumer services arsenal.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement