Digital TV News: Parks Associates
27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
Jul 16, 2019 – Parks Associates research forecasts that in 2019, U.S. OTT and pay-TV companies will see $9.1 billion in lost revenue due to piracy and account sharing. This number is expected to grow to $12.5 billion in 2024, a growth rate of 38%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Potential U.S. broadband cord-cutters watch over six hours of mobile video per week
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Parks Associates, U.S. broadband households highly likely to cut the cord in the next 12 months watch more than six hours of video content on their mobile phone a week, compared to 2.5 hours among all U.S. broadband households.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Broadband, Market Research, Mobile, USA
Share of UK broadband households planning to cancel pay-TV has doubled
May 1, 2019 – Research from Parks Associates finds that the percentage of UK broadband households stating that they are likely to cancel their pay-TV service has increased to 24% in late 2018 from 12% in late 2015. The intent to cancel is higher among households that watch online video services.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
U.S. installed base of AR head-mounted devices to reach 6.5m units by 2025
Apr 24, 2019 – Parks Associates research has found that more than 60% of U.S. broadband households are interested in receiving some sort of information enhanced by augmented reality (AR) on a handheld device or headset, with the most popular being navigation information.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Market Research, USA, VR
8% of US broadband households own a VR headset
Apr 15, 2019 – According to Parks Associates, gaming remains the primary use case for VR headsets in the U.S. Familiarity with VR remains at around one-fourth of US broadband households, with gamers most likely to be familiar with the technology.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, VR
Over half of US broadband households who trial SVOD become paying subscribers
Apr 3, 2019 – Parks Associates has found that 58% of US broadband households who trial an OTT video subscription service convert to paying subscribers. Conversion from free trial to paying subscriber is higher among consumers who trial multiple services.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, USA
U.S. broadband households own more than 10 connected devices
Mar 27, 2019 – Parks Associates' research has found that U.S. broadband households now own more than ten connected devices, and as they buy more, they base their purchase decisions on a product’s ability to work with the existing devices in their home.
News categories: Parks Associates, Chris O'Dell, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
52% of U.S. broadband households now watching internet video on a connected TV
Mar 7, 2019 – Parks Associates research has found that OTT video services have transitioned back into the home’s living room, with a majority (52%) of U.S. broadband households now watching online video on a TV that is connected to the internet.
News categories: Parks Associates, Billy Nayden, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
Feb 14, 2019 – Parks Associates research estimates that U.S. households will buy more than 64 million smart speakers with voice assistants in 2022, part of the smart home trend driving widespread adoption of voice control.
News categories: Parks Associates, Dina Abdelrazik, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
- FreeWheel releases Q1 2019 Video Marketplace report
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report