Digital TV News: Shanghai Media Group
BesTV and Microsoft to bring Xbox One to China in September
Apr 30, 2014 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that in partnership with BesTV New Media (SHA: 600637), a subsidiary of Shanghai Media Group, Xbox One will launch into China in September of this year.
News categories: Microsoft, BesTV, Yusuf Mehdi, Dazhong Zhang, Zhu Yonglei, Enwei Xie, China, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Streaming
VIA Platform to Power Lenovo and BesTV Smart TV Solution
Jan 5, 2012 – VIA Technologies has announced that BesTV New Media, a subsidiary of Shanghai Media Group (SMG) and Lenovo Group in Shanghai have adopted the VIA Nano processor to power the Lenovo A30 Internet TV Set Top Box.
News categories: VIA Technologies, SMG, Lenovo, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Lenovo announces launch of own-brand connected TVs
Mar 17, 2011 – Lenovo has announced that it will launch its own brand of connected televisions by the end of this year. Lenovo also announced a joint venture with Shanghai Media Group (SMG) on mobile internet and digital home products.
News categories: Lenovo, SMG, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Orange and BesTV New Media to collaborate on the development of multimedia content services
Jan 15, 2010 – China's BesTV and Orange (Paris & NYSE: FTE) have signed an agreement with a view to collaborating over three-screen convergence services. The companies have agreed to work together to develop convergent services for TV, mobile phones and PCs.
News categories: Orange, BesTV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Intel, SMG Cooperate on Terrestrial DTV
Mar 10, 2008 – In a joint announcement, Intel (INTC) and the Shanghai Media Group (SMG) have announced that the two companies would join forces to promote wireless DTV.
News categories: Intel Corp, Shanghai Media Group, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Smart Home, Streaming, Terrestrial
SiTV National DTV Platform Boasts 9 mln Premium Subs
Dec 4, 2007 – SiTV, a subsidiary of the Shanghai Media Group (SMG) announced yesterday that by the end of November, it had over 9 mln premium DTV subscribers, an 80% increase from last years 5 mln.
News categories: Shanghai Media Group, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Subscribers
UTStarcom RollingStream IPTV Solution Tops 310,500 Live Commercial Subscribers in China
Aug 7, 2007 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that the company's award-winning RollingStream(TM) end-to-end IPTV solution currently supports more than 310,500 live subscribers in 19 commercial deployments with both China Telecom and China Netcom with a total system capacity of nearly 625,000 subscribers between the two operators.
News categories: China, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
China Telecom to Offer IPTV Services in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region Powered By UTStarcom's RollingStream End-to-End IPTV System
Jul 18, 2007 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that the company won a bid to deploy its RollingStream(TM) end-to-end IPTV solution with China Telecom (CTC) for a new commercial IPTV network in China's Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
News categories: UTStarcom, China Telecom, China, Digital TV, IPTV
China - SMG, Intel unite for the small picture
Jun 15, 2007 – The Shanghai Media Group has teamed up with Intel Corp to co-develop wireless broadband and mobile technology for high-definition TV programs, both sides have said. More …
News categories: Broadband, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV