Digital TV News: Shanghai Media Group
BesTV and Microsoft to bring Xbox One to China in September
Apr 30, 2014 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that in partnership with BesTV New Media (SHA: 600637), a subsidiary of Shanghai Media Group, Xbox One will launch into China in September of this year.
News categories: Microsoft, BesTV, Yusuf Mehdi, Dazhong Zhang, Zhu Yonglei, Enwei Xie, China, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Streaming
VIA Platform to Power Lenovo and BesTV Smart TV Solution
Jan 5, 2012 – VIA Technologies has announced that BesTV New Media, a subsidiary of Shanghai Media Group (SMG) and Lenovo Group in Shanghai have adopted the VIA Nano processor to power the Lenovo A30 Internet TV Set Top Box.
News categories: VIA Technologies, SMG, Lenovo, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Lenovo announces launch of own-brand connected TVs
Mar 17, 2011 – Lenovo has announced that it will launch its own brand of connected televisions by the end of this year. Lenovo also announced a joint venture with Shanghai Media Group (SMG) on mobile internet and digital home products.
News categories: Lenovo, SMG, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Orange and BesTV New Media to collaborate on the development of multimedia content services
Jan 15, 2010 – China's BesTV and Orange (Paris & NYSE: FTE) have signed an agreement with a view to collaborating over three-screen convergence services. The companies have agreed to work together to develop convergent services for TV, mobile phones and PCs.
News categories: Orange, BesTV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Intel, SMG Cooperate on Terrestrial DTV
Mar 10, 2008 – In a joint announcement, Intel (INTC) and the Shanghai Media Group (SMG) have announced that the two companies would join forces to promote wireless DTV.
News categories: Intel Corp, Shanghai Media Group, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Smart Home, Streaming, Terrestrial
SiTV National DTV Platform Boasts 9 mln Premium Subs
Dec 4, 2007 – SiTV, a subsidiary of the Shanghai Media Group (SMG) announced yesterday that by the end of November, it had over 9 mln premium DTV subscribers, an 80% increase from last years 5 mln.
News categories: Shanghai Media Group, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Subscribers
UTStarcom RollingStream IPTV Solution Tops 310,500 Live Commercial Subscribers in China
Aug 7, 2007 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that the company's award-winning RollingStream(TM) end-to-end IPTV solution currently supports more than 310,500 live subscribers in 19 commercial deployments with both China Telecom and China Netcom with a total system capacity of nearly 625,000 subscribers between the two operators.
News categories: China, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
China Telecom to Offer IPTV Services in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region Powered By UTStarcom's RollingStream End-to-End IPTV System
Jul 18, 2007 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that the company won a bid to deploy its RollingStream(TM) end-to-end IPTV solution with China Telecom (CTC) for a new commercial IPTV network in China's Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
News categories: UTStarcom, China Telecom, China, Digital TV, IPTV
China - SMG, Intel unite for the small picture
Jun 15, 2007 – The Shanghai Media Group has teamed up with Intel Corp to co-develop wireless broadband and mobile technology for high-definition TV programs, both sides have said. More …
News categories: Broadband, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data