Digital TV News: Showtime Networks
CBS renews audience measurement with Nielsen
Jan 12, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) have announced an agreement for Nielsen national, digital and local audience measurement. The renewal encompasses a range of services.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, David Kenny, Joe Ianniello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Hulu signs up CBS for its upcoming live TV service
Jan 4, 2017 – Hulu has announced an agreement with CBS Corporation to carry America's most-watched broadcast network, CBS, as well as popular sports and entertainment channels CBS Sports Network and POP, with the potential to add additional networks in the future.
News categories: Hulu, CBS Corporation, Mike Hopkins, Ray Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
SHOWTIME streaming and SHOWTIME ANYTIME app now on Samsung TVs
Nov 29, 2016 – Showtime Networks has announced that Samsung will now offer the SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service and its authenticated app SHOWTIME ANYTIME on select 2015 and all 2016 Samsung smart television models.
News categories: Showtime Networks, Samsung, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Showtime partners with Roku and PlayStation Vue for streaming
Jun 8, 2015 – On the heels of announcing the SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service, Showtime has partnered with Roku’s Roku players and Roku TV models and Sony Network Entertainment’s PlayStation Vue for the launch in early July.
News categories: Showtime, Roku, Sony Network Entertainment, Matthew C. Blank, Steve Shannon, Dwayne Benefield, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SHOWTIME stand-alone service to launch on July 12th
Jun 3, 2015 – For the first time ever, SHOWTIME will be offered over the internet as a stand-alone streaming service launching in early July, with Apple as its first partner. Additional platforms and providers will be announced soon.
News categories: Showtime Networks, CBS Corp, Matthew C. Blank, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Yahoo! and Samsung Form Partnership to Deliver Interactive TV
Nov 5, 2012 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Samsung have announced an expanded multi-year partnership to integrate Yahoo!'s Broadcast Interactivity platform into Samsung Smart TVs. Yahoo! Broadcast Interactivity will be deployed in Samsung's SyncPlus platform.
News categories: Yahoo!, Samsung, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
CableLabs® Publishes First 3D Content Encoding Specification
Sep 1, 2010 – CableLabs® has announced that it has published a new specification for stereoscopic 3D programming. This new specification, called Content Encoding Profiles 3.0 Specification (OC-SP-CEP3.0-I01-100827), can be found on the CableLabs website.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, USA, VR
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform