Digital TV News: Showtime Networks
CBS renews audience measurement with Nielsen
Jan 12, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) have announced an agreement for Nielsen national, digital and local audience measurement. The renewal encompasses a range of services.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, David Kenny, Joe Ianniello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Hulu signs up CBS for its upcoming live TV service
Jan 4, 2017 – Hulu has announced an agreement with CBS Corporation to carry America's most-watched broadcast network, CBS, as well as popular sports and entertainment channels CBS Sports Network and POP, with the potential to add additional networks in the future.
News categories: Hulu, CBS Corporation, Mike Hopkins, Ray Hopkins, Digital TV, OTT, USA
SHOWTIME streaming and SHOWTIME ANYTIME app now on Samsung TVs
Nov 29, 2016 – Showtime Networks has announced that Samsung will now offer the SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service and its authenticated app SHOWTIME ANYTIME on select 2015 and all 2016 Samsung smart television models.
News categories: Showtime Networks, Samsung, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Showtime partners with Roku and PlayStation Vue for streaming
Jun 8, 2015 – On the heels of announcing the SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service, Showtime has partnered with Roku’s Roku players and Roku TV models and Sony Network Entertainment’s PlayStation Vue for the launch in early July.
News categories: Showtime, Roku, Sony Network Entertainment, Matthew C. Blank, Steve Shannon, Dwayne Benefield, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SHOWTIME stand-alone service to launch on July 12th
Jun 3, 2015 – For the first time ever, SHOWTIME will be offered over the internet as a stand-alone streaming service launching in early July, with Apple as its first partner. Additional platforms and providers will be announced soon.
News categories: Showtime Networks, CBS Corp, Matthew C. Blank, Leslie Moonves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Yahoo! and Samsung Form Partnership to Deliver Interactive TV
Nov 5, 2012 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Samsung have announced an expanded multi-year partnership to integrate Yahoo!'s Broadcast Interactivity platform into Samsung Smart TVs. Yahoo! Broadcast Interactivity will be deployed in Samsung's SyncPlus platform.
News categories: Yahoo!, Samsung, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
CableLabs® Publishes First 3D Content Encoding Specification
Sep 1, 2010 – CableLabs® has announced that it has published a new specification for stereoscopic 3D programming. This new specification, called Content Encoding Profiles 3.0 Specification (OC-SP-CEP3.0-I01-100827), can be found on the CableLabs website.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, USA, VR
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica