Digital TV News: Sorenson Media
Samsung Licenses Sorenson Spark for Playback of Internet Video on Mobile Devices
Feb 16, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that Samsung Electronics has licensed the Sorenson Spark video codec. Samsung will integrate the Sorenson Spark decoder into its mobile phones sold in South Korea and China.
News categories: Sorenson, Samsung, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP
Chips&Media Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Aug 24, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Chips&Media has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to include the Sorenson Spark video decoder in Chips&Media's optimized video IP.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Chips&Media, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Imagination Technologies to Include Sorenson Spark Decoder in its Video Cores
Jun 15, 2009 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) and Sorenson Media have announced that Imagination will include Sorenson Media's Sorenson Spark video decoder in future versions of its line of advanced POWERVR™ VXD video decoder IP cores.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Imagination Technologies, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors License Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Jun 2, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors have licensed the Sorenson Spark decoder to enable Internet video on consumer electronic devices, including mobile phones, mobile computing devices, set-top boxes and connected TVs.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Ittiam, NXP, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Qualcomm for Mobile Video
Apr 29, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that its Sorenson Spark video decoder has been licensed by Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) for chipsets targeted at the next generation of multimedia-rich mobile phones, mobile computing devices, and other consumer products.
News categories: Sorenson, Qualcomm, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results