Digital TV News: Spacecom
Nigeria's ConSat TV DTH chooses AMOS-5 at 17°E
Feb 10, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite at the 17°E prime orbital position has been chosen to transmit ConSat TV (Continental Satellite), a DTH provider in Nigeria.
News categories: Spacecom, ConSat TV, Eitan Mesika, Mayo Okunola, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
Nigeria's ACTV DTH chooses AMOS-5 satellite
Jan 26, 2015 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that the AMOS-5 satellite has won a multi-year contract to transmit ACTV (African Cable TV), Nigeria's newest Pay TV platform, from its 17°E orbital position.
News categories: Spacecom, African Cable Television, Eitan Mesika, Godfrey Okreh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
Eutelsat and Spacecom create unified DTH neighbourhood for Africa at 16-17°E
Nov 19, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) and Spacecom (TASE:SCC) have announced an agreement to establish a framework for cross-commercialisation of capacity covering Africa on Eutelsat’s EUTELSAT 16A satellite at 16°E and Spacecom’s AMOS-5 satellite at 17°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Spacecom, Rodney Benn, Amir Carmeli, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Spacecom to Provide Satellite Capacity for New Ukrainian DTH service Xtra TV
Aug 2, 2011 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it has been contracted by a new Ukrainian direct-to-home television broadcaster to beam programming from Spacecom's Amos-3 satellite at 4° west in a multiyear agreement valued at up to $19 million.
News categories: Spacecom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
Solid growth for satellite operators, Euroconsult maintains positive outlook
Jul 27, 2010 – Euroconsult has announced that, despite a limited market slowdown, the fixed satellite market reached a new high in revenues last year. The fixed satellite sector grew both in terms of transponder demand and revenue (reaching $10.3 billion in 2009).
News categories: Euroconsult, Market Research, Satellite
Slovak Telekom starts Magio TV DTH trial
Oct 16, 2009 – Slovak Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE, NYSE: DT) has taken preparatory steps towards launching satellite DTH in Slovakia. The company has registered the brand name MagioSat TV for the service and is running trials on the Amos 3 satellite at 4°W.
News categories: Slovak Telekom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Slovakia
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media