Digital TV News: Streaming Video Alliance
Broadpeak demonstrates Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching APIs
Mar 25, 2021 – Broadpeak has performed a live demonstration of Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching APIs. The APIs enable local caching which reduces traffic across a telecom operator's core network and improves QoE.
News categories: Broadpeak, Streaming Video Alliance, Guillaume Bichot, Jason Thibeault, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases new technical specifications
Dec 22, 2020 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that two technical specifications are now available - the Open Caching Performance Measurement Specification and the Securing Streaming Video Specification.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
Feb 13, 2020 – Online viewing is gaining ground on traditional broadcast TV, according to CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) and Streaming Video Alliance research. Over 80% of consumers are streaming more video than 3 years ago and nearly half of respondents define TV as being delivered over the internet.
News categories: CenturyLink, Streaming Video Alliance, Rory McVicar, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Streaming Video Alliance publishes documents on ad delivery for OTT and 360°/VR
Sep 14, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two newly approved documents. The documents cover advertisement delivery across OTT and the current state of 360-degree video and best practices
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Mourad Kioumgi, Brian Stevenson, Ori Finkelman, Eric Klein, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, VR, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance shows how forensic watermarking helps combat online video piracy
Jul 24, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance (the Alliance) has announced the publication of a technical document that provides considerations for implementing forensic watermarking as a tactic for combatting the piracy of online video content.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Google joins the Streaming Video Alliance
May 10, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance, an industry forum solving challenges to improve the video experience, has announced at its Annual Meeting that Google has joined as its newest member.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Viacom, Google, Jason Thibeault, Glenn Goldstein, Alec Hendry, Content Distribution, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum Guidelines updated to add forensic watermarking
Apr 21, 2017 – The Ultra HD Forum has released UHD Forum Guidelines version 1.3 including a new forensic watermarking chapter. This chapter is the result of a collaboration with leading watermarking technologies providers.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Digital TV, NABShow, Watermarking, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching trials to begin
Jan 3, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that trials based on recently approved Open Caching Request Routing and HTTPS Delegation Technical Specification are to begin. The trials are the first implementation of open caching systems that incorporate the specification for request routing in ISP networks.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom