Digital TV News: Streaming Video Alliance
Streaming Video Alliance publishes documents on ad delivery for OTT and 360°/VR
Sep 14, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two newly approved documents. The documents cover advertisement delivery across OTT and the current state of 360-degree video and best practices
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Mourad Kioumgi, Brian Stevenson, Ori Finkelman, Eric Klein, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, VR, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance shows how forensic watermarking helps combat online video piracy
Jul 24, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance (the Alliance) has announced the publication of a technical document that provides considerations for implementing forensic watermarking as a tactic for combatting the piracy of online video content.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Google joins the Streaming Video Alliance
May 10, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance, an industry forum solving challenges to improve the video experience, has announced at its Annual Meeting that Google has joined as its newest member.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Viacom, Google, Jason Thibeault, Glenn Goldstein, Alec Hendry, Content Distribution, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum Guidelines updated to add forensic watermarking
Apr 21, 2017 – The Ultra HD Forum has released UHD Forum Guidelines version 1.3 including a new forensic watermarking chapter. This chapter is the result of a collaboration with leading watermarking technologies providers.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Digital TV, NABShow, Watermarking, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching trials to begin
Jan 3, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that trials based on recently approved Open Caching Request Routing and HTTPS Delegation Technical Specification are to begin. The trials are the first implementation of open caching systems that incorporate the specification for request routing in ISP networks.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance and CTA to co-develop streaming media QoE guidelines
Sep 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance and the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have announced its collaboration to develop industry-wide guidelines pertaining to streaming media Quality of Experience (QoE).
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Consumer Technology Association, Jason Thibeault, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV