Digital TV News: The Trade Desk
TiVo to expand ad reach with BDEX ML-based audience targeting
Mar 24, 2021 – TiVo will use the BDEX Omnisource IQ — Machine Learning solution to create, based on its TV data, a model of advertisers’ ideal target audiences. Advertisers can then activate these audiences via the platform of their choice.
News categories: BDEX, TiVo, David Finkelstein, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
Jan 12, 2021 – U.S. households are cancelling their cable subscriptions more rapidly than previously reported. Data from The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD) shows 27% of U.S. cable TV subscribers are planning to cut their subscriptions in 2021.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Tim Sims, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
IRIS.TV joins the Unified ID 2.0 initiative
Dec 23, 2020 – IRIS.TV has announced that it is supporting Unified ID 2.0. Unified ID 2.0 is an open-source approach to internet identity that preserves the value of relevant advertising, while putting user control and privacy at the forefront.
News categories: IRIS.TV, The Trade Desk, Sean Holzman, Jeff Green, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
Dec 3, 2020 – SpotX has announced the release of its '2021 Global Video Advertising Trends' report. The findings aim to help ad tech leaders, marketers, and agencies prioritize their 2021 plans by sharing predictions and trends for the upcoming year.
News categories: SpotX, Mike Shehan, Kelly McMahon, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
Nov 22, 2020 – A growing number of Australian consumers are cutting their pay TV subscriptions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a survey by JWS Research for The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, JWS Research, James Bayes, Australia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research
Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
Nov 19, 2020 – Nielsen (NLSN) has unveiled an ID resolution system that will underpin its measurement products in a cookieless world. Nielsen will continue to deliver people-based measurement even as existing identifiers can no longer be relied upon.
News categories: Nielsen, Mainak Mazumdar, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Worldwide
SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
Sep 22, 2020 – SpotX has announced programmatic solutions for linear addressable TV. The solutions are in part built in support Project OAR. SpotX is also powering programmatic executions within traditional STBs owned by MVPDs.
News categories: SpotX, The Trade Desk, AMC Networks, Project OAR, Matt McLeggon, Jon Tabak, Evan Adlman, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
DISH Media offers set-top box VOD inventory programmatically
Apr 22, 2020 – DISH Media has made its VOD ads available for purchase programmatically. Now advertisers can bid on this linear inventory through auctions set up with demand-side platforms and deliver ads and receive impressions immediately.
News categories: DISH Media, The Trade Desk, Kevin Arrix, Tim Sims, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
64% of U.S. households may lack long-term interest in subscribing to cable TV
Apr 21, 2020 – 64 percent of U.S. households with at least one screen have cut the cord with cable TV, are planning to cut the cord, or never subscribed, according to a recent survey of more than 2,600 U.S. consumers by The Trade Desk (Nasdaq:TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, Brian Stempeck, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way