Digital TV News: The Trade Desk
HUMAN discovers and disrupts CTV ad fraud botnet
Apr 21, 2021 – HUMAN has discovered a CTV ad fraud botnet consisting of nearly a million infected mobile Android devices pretending to be millions of people watching ads on smart TVs and other devices.
News categories: HUMAN, Tamer Hassan, Michael McNally, Per Bjorke, Willard Simmons, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
Apr 19, 2021 – Innovid has launched Programmatic Interactive Connected TV to scale the delivery of engaging CTV ad experiences. Interactive CTV ad formats incorpore advanced features to boost creative performance.
News categories: Innovid, Zvika Netter, Jon Tabak, Todd Randak, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FOX, FreeWheel offer programmatic advertising on Comcast STB VOD
Mar 25, 2021 – Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has announced that it has partnered with Comcast's FreeWheel to enable programmatic trading of addressable STB VOD within the Comcast Xfinity footprint.
News categories: FreeWheel, Fox Corp, The Trade Desk, Comcast, Dave Clark, Dan Callahan, Jon Tabak, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo to expand ad reach with BDEX ML-based audience targeting
Mar 24, 2021 – TiVo will use the BDEX Omnisource IQ — Machine Learning solution to create, based on its TV data, a model of advertisers’ ideal target audiences. Advertisers can then activate these audiences via the platform of their choice.
News categories: BDEX, TiVo, David Finkelstein, Walt Horstman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
Jan 12, 2021 – U.S. households are cancelling their cable subscriptions more rapidly than previously reported. Data from The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD) shows 27% of U.S. cable TV subscribers are planning to cut their subscriptions in 2021.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Tim Sims, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
IRIS.TV joins the Unified ID 2.0 initiative
Dec 23, 2020 – IRIS.TV has announced that it is supporting Unified ID 2.0. Unified ID 2.0 is an open-source approach to internet identity that preserves the value of relevant advertising, while putting user control and privacy at the forefront.
News categories: IRIS.TV, The Trade Desk, Sean Holzman, Jeff Green, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
Dec 3, 2020 – SpotX has announced the release of its '2021 Global Video Advertising Trends' report. The findings aim to help ad tech leaders, marketers, and agencies prioritize their 2021 plans by sharing predictions and trends for the upcoming year.
News categories: SpotX, Mike Shehan, Kelly McMahon, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
Nov 22, 2020 – A growing number of Australian consumers are cutting their pay TV subscriptions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a survey by JWS Research for The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, JWS Research, James Bayes, Australia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research
Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
Nov 19, 2020 – Nielsen (NLSN) has unveiled an ID resolution system that will underpin its measurement products in a cookieless world. Nielsen will continue to deliver people-based measurement even as existing identifiers can no longer be relied upon.
News categories: Nielsen, Mainak Mazumdar, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029