Digital TV News: UPC Polska
Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
Sep 22, 2021 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has reached a definitive agreement to sell its operations in Poland to iliad's Polish mobile subsidiary Play. UPC Poland has 1.4 million video subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Global, iliad, Play, UPC Polska, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
Liberty Global withdraws application to acquire Multimedia Polska
Mar 23, 2018 – UPC Polska has announced that it has withdrawn its application for regulatory clearance to acquire Multimedia Polska after failing to agree on revised commercial terms with the sellers that take into account current regulatory and market conditions.
News categories: Liberty Global, Multimedia Polska, UPC Polska, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Poland
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
UOKiK releases report on pay TV in Poland
Oct 7, 2011 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has issued a report on the country's pay TV market. Services are provided by satellite, cable and IPTV. Satellite has the largest number of subscribers with over 6 million.
News categories: UOKiK, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Poland, Satellite, Subscribers
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022