Digital TV News: University of Bristol
Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
Jun 11, 2021 – The Carbon Trust has published a white paper examining the carbon impact of streaming VOD to enable future decisions to be based on informed understanding of the methods, complexity, and uncertainties involved.
News categories: Carbon Trust, DIMPACT, Andie Stephens, Glynn Roberts, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
Netflix, BT and Cambridge University Press sign up to DIMPACT tool
Feb 9, 2021 – DIMPACT is an initiative to help the digital media industry manage its carbon impact. Bristol University researchers have now moved the DIMPACT web app beyond proof of concept with a path for further development.
News categories: University of Bristol, Christian Toennesen, Dr Daniel Schien, Digital TV, UK, Worldwide
Condense Reality secures £800k seed investment
Oct 7, 2020 – Condense Reality, a virtual reality startup developing technology to transform how viewers watch live entertainment and sports, has raised a seed round of more than £800,000, including £220,000 from SFC Capital.
News categories: Condense Reality, SFC Capital, BT Sport, Nick Fellingham, Stephen Page, Digital TV, Metaverse, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
Spatial adaptivity can improve energy efficiency of broadcast TV
May 9, 2017 – Research by engineers at the University of Bristol has shown that internet enabled TV devices are now capable of relaying signal strength information back to broadcasters in order to improve energy efficiency.
News categories: University of Bristol, Dr Peter Bagot, Mark Beach, Professor Andrew Nix, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK, Worldwide
ViXS and ProVision Develop Wi-Fi enabled thin-client STB reference design
Sep 6, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a reference design based on its XCode® 4205 client SoC and leveraging antennae and WiFi software from Global Invacom's ProVision unit. The combination transforms the client into a cost-effective and efficient IP STB.
News categories: ViXS, Global Invacom, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
ProVision Communications Secures Venture Capital Funding for a Bright Future in Wireless Video
Jan 23, 2008 – Bristol-based ProVision Communications, which specialises in digital wireless video technology, has secured £750,000 in venture capital funding from the YFM Group-managed South West Venture Fund, Finance South West Growth Fund and NESTA Investments.
News categories: ProVision Communications, Digital TV, MWC22, Smart Home, UK, Venture Capital
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households