Digital TV News: Univision Communications
datafuelX launches predictive analytics for media selling and buying
Mar 3, 2022 – datafuelX has launched. The company’s first two predictive analytics solutions help media, agencies and brands extract greater value from their media spend and converge linear reach and digital targeting through the power of advanced analytics.
News categories: datafuelX, Jay Amato, Howard Shimmel, Spencer Lambert, Michael Strober, Dan Aversano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Comscore audience measurement selected by Univision for three markets
Nov 5, 2021 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) and Univision have announced that Univision will be using Comscore's next generation audience measurement service as its local audience currency in its Orlando and Tampa, FL markets and in Washington, D.C.
News categories: Comscore, Univision, Carol Hinnant, Roberto Ruiz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV expands to 11 stations in Phoenix
Jul 14, 2021 – As the first market in the U.S. to experience NEXTGEN TV when it launched in 2018, audiences in the Phoenix area can now enjoy an expanded roster of 11 local stations delivering the next generation broadcast technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, E.W. Scripps, Univision Communications, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Greg Coburn, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Univision to launch unified global streaming service
Jun 29, 2021 – Univision has unveiled plans for a global streaming service, which will included both free ad-supported and premium subscription-based options, to launch in the U.S. and Latin America in 2022.
News categories: Univision, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Rodrigo Mazon, Wade Davis, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming, USA
Televisa to merge media, content and production assets with Univision
Apr 13, 2021 – Grupo Televisa and Univision Holdings have agreed to combine Televisa’s content and media assets with Univision to create the largest Spanish-language media company in the world: Televisa-Univision.
News categories: Univision, Televisa, Wade Davis, Marcelo Claure, Emilio Azcárraga, Bernardo Gómez, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, USA
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Univision joins Nielsen linear addressable TV beta program
May 7, 2020 – Univision has joined Nielsen’s Addressable TV platform beta program. Univision will evaluate the performance of test addressable ad campaigns enabling the company to assess how the solution performs with current procedures and systems.
News categories: Nielsen, Univision, Kelly Abcarian, Steve Mandala, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Univision partners with Amobee for linear TV analytics
Apr 3, 2019 – Amobee has announced an agreement with Univision Communications to be the linear television optimization platform of record, allowing advertisers to plan and transact against their custom strategic target audiences or proprietary first party data.
News categories: Amobee, Univision, Kim Perell, Steve Mandala, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience