Digital TV News: VAUNET
Daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany fell in 2022
Feb 15, 2023 – According to VAUNET, daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany in 2022 rose by 37 minutes to 9 hours and 43 minutes compared to pre-pandemic year 2019, yet fell by 17 minutes on the previous year.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Johannes Leibiger, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, TV Services
German study shows high losses from TV piracy
Jan 25, 2023 – According to a study commissioned by VAUNET, a total of 5.9 million people in Germany regularly watched illegal live TV streams in 2022, with live TV piracy largely replacing the use of legal TV services.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Audio and audiovisual media revenues in Germany to exceed €15 billion
Oct 19, 2022 – This year, the total turnover of the audio and audiovisual media in Germany is expected to rise slightly by 2.5% and exceed €15 billion for the first time (2021: €14.8 billion), according to VAUNET.
News categories: VAUNET, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, TV Services
Pay TV and paid video content continue to grow in Germany
Jul 20, 2022 – The market for pay TV and paid video content is continuing to grow not just in Germany, but also in Austria and Switzerland. This is confirmed by a report published by VAUNET, the German Media Association.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Hannes Heyelmann, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
Daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany now at 10 hours
Feb 3, 2022 – For the first time, people aged 14 and over in Germany consumed audiovisual media for an average of 10 hours per day, according to the VAUNET Media Usage Analysis for 2021, compiled by the VAUNET Association of Private Media.
News categories: VAUNET, Johannes Leibiger, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
Jul 27, 2021 – The market for pay TV and paid video ion Germany continues to show highly-dynamic growth according to VAUNET. Revenues generated by pay TV und paid VoD reached a total volume of 4.2 billion euros in 2020.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Hannes Heyelmann, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming
More and more Germans taking pay TV and VOD subscriptions
Jul 21, 2020 – According to VAUNET the number of pay-TV subscribers in Germany rose to 8 million in 2019 (2018: 7.8 million), with SVoD consumers numbering 13.4 million in the final quarter (Q4 2018: 6.9 mill.).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Katharina Behrends, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Tewes, Tim Werner, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
VAUNET forecast for the German media market in 2019
Oct 23, 2019 – For the first time, audiovisual media in Germany will, according to VAUNET, realise a turnover of more than €13 billion in 2019. VAUNET is forecasting revenue growth of 4.7% or €579 million for the full year to reach a total of €13.02 billion.
News categories: VAUNET, Hans Demmel, Frank Giersberg, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Germans watching more than 5 hours of video and TV each day
Jan 22, 2019 – According to VAUNET's Media Usage Analysis, during 2018 audiovisual media usage by Germans rose to over nine hours a day for the first time. Radio and TV continued to be by far the most frequently consumed types of media.
News categories: VAUNET, Dr. Harald Flemming, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server