Digital TV News: Verizon
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost nearly 5 million subscribers in 2019
Mar 3, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 4,915,000 net video subscribers in 2019, compared to a pro forma loss of about 1,585,000 subscribers in 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research Group, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 51,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 30, 2020 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported fourth-quarter 2019 results. Consumer reported 51,000 Fios Video net losses in the period, reflecting the ongoing shift from traditional linear video to OTT offerings.
News categories: Verizon Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Verizon offers à la carte Internet and TV
Jan 9, 2020 – Verizon has unveiled a new way to provide Internet and TV with Mix & Match on Fios. Customers can now mix Internet and TV plans to match their needs. Mix & Match on Fios offers flexible pricing and no annual contract.
News categories: Verizon, Frank Boulben, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced AWS Wavelength. Wavelength embeds AWS compute and storage services at the edge of telecommunications providers’ 5G networks, enabling developers to serve use-cases that require ultra-low latency.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Matt Garman, 5G, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 13, 2019 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. – representing about 93% of the market – lost about 1,740,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2019, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 67,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 25, 2019 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported third-quarter 2019 results. Verizon Consumer Group reported 30,000 Fios Internet net additions and 67,000 Fios Video net losses, reflecting the ongoing shift from traditional linear video to OTT offerings.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
Oct 22, 2019 – Verizon and The Walt Disney Company have announced an agreement that will offer all Verizon wireless unlimited customers, new Fios Home Internet and 5G Home Internet customers 12 months of Disney+. The agreement will provide another reason for customers to choose Verizon.
News categories: Verizon, The Walt Disney Company, Hans Vestberg, Kevin Mayer, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation