Digital TV News: iSpot
The CW taps iSpot as measurement provider for LIV Golf League
Mar 8, 2023 – The CW has selected iSpot to measure cross-platform premium video campaigns and sponsorships associated with the 2023 LIV Golf Tournament across linear and digital properties.
News categories: iSpot, Nexstar Media, The CW, Stuart Schwartzapfel, Michael Strober, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
NBCUniversal extends capabilities of One Platform technology stack
Feb 8, 2023 – NBCUniversal (NBCU) has unveiled expanded capabilities for its One Platform technology stack. NBCU is partnering industrywide to build an automated, interactive, and transparent future for fans, storytellers and marketers.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Steve Wozniak, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Crackle Plus extends measurement relationship with iSpot.tv
Jul 6, 2022 – Crackle Plus (Nasdaq: CSSE) has renewed its relationship with iSpot.tv. iSpot.tv will continue to provide its Unified Measurement to the brands working with Crackle Plus to quantify the incremental reach delivered over linear.
News categories: Crackle, iSpot.tv, Darren Olive, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
Jun 23, 2022 – Frost & Sullivan has released findings of an analysis assessing the capabilities of eight leading television data providers. The '2022 Frost Radar on Television Viewership Data Providers' found Samba TV to be the leader in TV data capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, Frost & Sullivan, Ashwin Navin, Robert Cavin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
8-10% of streaming ad impressions play when the TV is shut off
Jun 13, 2022 – GroupM has partnered with media companies in the advertising industry to create new standards in streaming viewability and CTV measurement. The initiative follows a study with iSpot that quantifies inflated CTV ad delivery counts and reveals that, on average, 8-10% of streaming impressions play when the TV is shut off.
News categories: GroupM, iSpot.tv, Kirk McDonald, Sean Muller, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
May 16, 2022 – Conviva is to unveil a streaming audience measurement standard to be released for general availability at CES 2023. The expansion is in partnership with premium streaming providers using Conviva’s real-time cloud sessionization technology.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Advertising, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Goldman Sachs to put $325 million into iSpot.tv
Apr 27, 2022 – iSpot.tv has signed an agreement with funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management for a $325 million investment. iSpot, which has raised $58 million since being founded in April 2012, now generates over $100 million in annual recurring revenues.
News categories: iSpot.tv, Goldman Sachs, Sean Muller, Leonard Seevers, Joon Park, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
WarnerMedia and IPG Mediabrands run audience-based currencies comparison
Apr 7, 2022 – WarnerMedia Ad Sales and IPG Mediabrands have launched a test-and-learn for alternative measures of video ad performance to provide a side-by-side look at three contenders in the alternative currency space when running the same campaigns.
News categories: WarnerMedia, MAGNA, IPG Mediabrands, JP Colaco, Dani Benowitz, Brian Hughes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server