Digital TV News: AMC Networks
iSpot acquires 605 to expand TV measurement market share
Sep 13, 2023 – iSpot.tv has announced the acquisition of 605, adding set-top box data from 16.6 million homes to its smart TV data footprint, bolstering its measurement solutions for video and TV advertising.
News categories: iSpot, 605, Sean Muller, Kristin Dolan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Brightcove powers AVOD streaming at In The Black Network
Sep 7, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has been selected by In The Black Network (ITBN) to deliver its AVOD content globally. The streaming service is expected to launch this October.
News categories: Brightcove, In The Black Network, Marc DeBevoise,, James DuBose, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Brightcove to power video streaming for Yahoo Inc.
Jul 31, 2023 – Yahoo is to integrate Brightcove's (NASDAQ: BCOV) technology platform across its portfolio of digital properties, powering the media and tech company's video streaming from end to end.
News categories: Brightcove, Yahoo Inc, Marc DeBevoise, Matt Sanchez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
FreeWheel launches The Viewer Experience Lab in partnership with MediaScience
Jun 21, 2023 – FreeWheel has launched The Viewer Experience Lab in partnership with MediaScience with the goal of helping media companies ensure a quality experience across a growing array of advertising channels.
News categories: FreeWheel, MediaScience, Mark McKee, Dr. Duane Varan, Evan Adlman, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Magnite announces broad support for direct-buy ad platform
Jun 20, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ:MGNI) has announced wide adoption of ClearLine, its ad server-agnostic solution that provides agencies with direct access to video inventory on its platforms.
News categories: Magnite, Sean Buckley, Jim Keller, Matt Jamison, Dan Callahan, Tom Grant, Alexander Stone, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
PubMatic announces CTV Platform enhancements and new partnerships
Jun 15, 2023 – PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) has announced a suite of enhancements to its CTV platform, and new and expanded partnerships with streaming brands including AMC Networks, FOX, iQIYI, and TiVo.
News categories: PubMatic, Nicole Scaglione, Abbie Reichner, Evan Adlman, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nielsen solution measures content viewing across all device types
May 3, 2023 – Nielsen has introduced Nielsen ONE Content Alpha, delivering measurement of content viewing across all device types. Nielsen ONE Content uses Gracenote ID for entertainment content identification.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Jon Turner, Roberto Ruiz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
AMC Networks to launch ad-supported version of its AMC+ streaming service
Apr 17, 2023 – AMC Networks is to launch an ad-supported version of its AMC+ streaming service, completing an ad-supported content ecosystem that spans linear TV networks, streaming and digital/CTV platforms.
News categories: AMC Networks, Kim Kelleher, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. JIC reveals certification criteria for premium video measurement
Mar 6, 2023 – OpenAP on behalf of the U.S. JIC has announced the publication of initial requirements for premium video cross-platform currencies, a milestone in coalescing the industry around common standards.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service