Digital TV News: AMC Networks
U.S. JIC reveals certification criteria for premium video measurement
Mar 6, 2023 – OpenAP on behalf of the U.S. JIC has announced the publication of initial requirements for premium video cross-platform currencies, a milestone in coalescing the industry around common standards.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
Feb 7, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ:MGNI) has announced Magnite Streaming. Magnite Streaming empowers media owners to maximize the value of their assets across live and VOD inventory, CTV and OTT, and addressable linear.
News categories: Magnite, Sean Buckley, Evan Adlman, Andrew Tint, Travis Hockersmith, Jill Steinhauser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
Jan 31, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Warner Bros. Discovery have inked a deal to bring Warner Bros. branded FAST channels to The Roku Channel. The channels will arrive on The Roku Channel in spring 2023.
News categories: Roku, Warner Bros. Discovery, Rob Holmes, David Decker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Roku celebrates 70 million active accounts
Jan 5, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its global active accounts now exceed 70 million, up from 60.1 million in Q4 2021. Streaming hours were 23.9 billion in Q4 and 87.4 billion for full year 2022, a 19% increase Y-o-Y.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
AMC Networks' streaming subscribers grow 44% to 11.1 million
Nov 4, 2022 – AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX) has reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022. Streaming subscribers grew 44% versus the prior year to 11.1 million at the end of the period.
News categories: AMC Networks, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
Jun 16, 2022 – FreeWheel has teamed up with AMC Networks to introduce a self-service linear addressable solution. The offering will allow programmers to unlock inventory for monetization purposes as well as provide ease of management for multi-screen campaigns.
News categories: FreeWheel, AMC Networks, Mark McKee, Evan Adlman, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
May 11, 2022 – Orange has reached an agreement with AMC Networks to offer AMC+ on-demand content for the first time in Spain. The service will be available to all subscribers with access to Orange TV’s entertainment offering from this June.
News categories: AMC Networks, Orange, Manuel Balsera, Miquel Penella, Ignacio García-Legaz, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
May 5, 2022 – AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX) has reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The company ended the quarter with 9.5 million paid streaming subscribers, representing Q1 net additions of 431,000.
News categories: AMC Networks, Matt Blank, Chris Spade, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
AppLovin to acquire Wurl
Feb 28, 2022 – AppLovin (NASDAQ: APP) has concluded an agreement to acquire Wurl. The transaction is valued at approximately $430 million. The acquisition will extend AppLovin’s software platform capabilities into the CTV market.
News categories: AppLovin, Wurl, Adam Foroughi, Sean Doherty Sr, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV