Digital TV News: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment
OSN joins anti-piracy Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment
Jan 12, 2023 – Dubai-based OSN has issued a statement heralding its recent decision to join the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) anti-piracy coalition. ACE currently has a total of 52 members.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, OSN Group, Jan van Voorn, Joe Kawkabani, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
ContentArmor to show watermarking via Edgeware CDN servers at IBC
Sep 12, 2017 – Edgeware has integrated ContentArmor’s bitstream-based forensic watermarking solution into its TV CDN technology. The functionality can be deployed for IPTV and OTT services and will be demonstrated for the first time at IBC2017.
News categories: ContentArmor, Edgeware, Eric Bénetière, Richard Brandon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media