Digital TV News: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
ContentArmor to show watermarking via Edgeware CDN servers at IBC
Sep 12, 2017 – Edgeware has integrated ContentArmor’s bitstream-based forensic watermarking solution into its TV CDN technology. The functionality can be deployed for IPTV and OTT services and will be demonstrated for the first time at IBC2017.
News categories: ContentArmor, Edgeware, Eric Bénetière, Richard Brandon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, Worldwide
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat