Digital TV News: Brightcove
Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
Oct 22, 2020 – Applicaster has launched Fast Forward Solutions, a multi-partner technology stack that accelerates video app development. Fast Forward Solutions enables apps to be launched on eight OTT platforms in as few as four weeks.
News categories: Applicaster, Devra Prywes, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Brightcove publishes Q2 2020 Global Video Index report
Aug 19, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published its Q2 2020 Global Video Index Entertainment and Media Edition, which found that OTT streaming of entertainment continued to dominate, even as governments began loosening stay-at-home restrictions.
News categories: Brightcove, Jim O'Neill, Jeff Ray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Brightcove Q1 data shows uptick in news content streaming
Jun 8, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published the Q1 2020 Brightcove Global Video Index. The Q1 data shows that as the COVID-19 pandemic spread, consumers increasingly turned to video streaming sources to stay up-to-date.
News categories: Brightcove, Jim O’Neill, Big Data, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Blick TV launches in Switzerland powered by Brightcove
May 5, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Swiss digital TV channel, Blick TV, is running on Brightcove Live and Video Cloud. The newly launched service offers viewers both live and VOD viewing online, as well as in the Blick app for mobile devices.
News categories: Brightcove, Blick TV, Justin Barrett, Thomas Spiegel, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Switzerland
NAB Show reveals plans for NAB Show Express
Apr 13, 2020 – NAB Show Express will take place May 13–14, 2020. The platform is free and offers three educational channels, on-demand content and a Solutions Marketplace featuring exhibitor product information, announcements and demos.
News categories: NAB Show, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Brightcove publishes Q3 Video Index report
Dec 11, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published the Q3 Brightcove Global Video Index, a report that provides insights into how viewers are watching video content, which devices they are using, and what types of content they are consuming across those devices.
News categories: Brightcove, Jim O’Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Brightcove announces SaaS-based OTT platform availability
Oct 31, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced the general availability of Brightcove Beacon, a SaaS-based OTT platform. Brightcove Beacon empowers customers to deliver OTT experiences on a breadth of devices, with the flexibility of multiple monetization models.
News categories: Brightcove, Charles Chu, Jim Kopp, Naomi Lipowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Brightcove releases Q2 Global Video Index report
Sep 24, 2019 – The Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) report analyzes hundreds of millions of recent data points to provide insights into how viewers are watching video content, which devices they are using, and what types of content they are consuming across these various devices.
News categories: Brightcove, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Brightcove launches platform to speed publication of OTT video apps
Sep 10, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced Brightcove Beacon. Brightcove Beacon enables companies to deliver and launch premium video experiences quickly and cost effectively across mobile, web, smart TVs, and connected TVs.
News categories: Brightcove, Charles Chu, Apps, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, Worldwide
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs