Digital TV News: Brightcove
Brightcove Q1 data shows uptick in news content streaming
Jun 8, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published the Q1 2020 Brightcove Global Video Index. The Q1 data shows that as the COVID-19 pandemic spread, consumers increasingly turned to video streaming sources to stay up-to-date.
News categories: Brightcove, Jim O’Neill, Big Data, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Blick TV launches in Switzerland powered by Brightcove
May 5, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Swiss digital TV channel, Blick TV, is running on Brightcove Live and Video Cloud. The newly launched service offers viewers both live and VOD viewing online, as well as in the Blick app for mobile devices.
News categories: Brightcove, Blick TV, Justin Barrett, Thomas Spiegel, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Switzerland
NAB Show reveals plans for NAB Show Express
Apr 13, 2020 – NAB Show Express will take place May 13–14, 2020. The platform is free and offers three educational channels, on-demand content and a Solutions Marketplace featuring exhibitor product information, announcements and demos.
News categories: NAB Show, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Brightcove publishes Q3 Video Index report
Dec 11, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published the Q3 Brightcove Global Video Index, a report that provides insights into how viewers are watching video content, which devices they are using, and what types of content they are consuming across those devices.
News categories: Brightcove, Jim O’Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Brightcove announces SaaS-based OTT platform availability
Oct 31, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced the general availability of Brightcove Beacon, a SaaS-based OTT platform. Brightcove Beacon empowers customers to deliver OTT experiences on a breadth of devices, with the flexibility of multiple monetization models.
News categories: Brightcove, Charles Chu, Jim Kopp, Naomi Lipowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Brightcove releases Q2 Global Video Index report
Sep 24, 2019 – The Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) report analyzes hundreds of millions of recent data points to provide insights into how viewers are watching video content, which devices they are using, and what types of content they are consuming across these various devices.
News categories: Brightcove, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Brightcove launches platform to speed publication of OTT video apps
Sep 10, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced Brightcove Beacon. Brightcove Beacon enables companies to deliver and launch premium video experiences quickly and cost effectively across mobile, web, smart TVs, and connected TVs.
News categories: Brightcove, Charles Chu, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2020, OTT, Worldwide
HOOQ selects Brightcove to power live and on-demand video streaming
Jun 23, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that HOOQ has selected the Brightcove Video Platform as the underlying streaming solution to power its live and video-on-demand service to subscribers across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India.
News categories: Brightcove, HOOQ, Sara Larsen, Michael Fleishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
Jun 17, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published its annual Asia OTT TV market study. The study polled 9,000 participants across the following nine countries: Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
News categories: Brightcove, YouGov, Greg Armshaw, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria