Digital TV News: Carlos Espinós
Hispasat 30W-6 satellite successfully launched
Mar 6, 2018 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its twelfth satellite, Hispasat 30W-6. From its orbital position at 30° West, Hispasat 30W-6 will replace and broaden the capacity of Hispasat 30W-4. It has 40 Ku-band transponders, up to 6 Ka-band beams and 10 C-band transponders.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Satellite, Spain
Successful launch of the HISPASAT Amazonas 5 satellite
Sep 12, 2017 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its eleventh satellite, Amazonas 5. Its 24 transponders in the Ku band, with coverage of Central and South America, provide high-performance direct-to-home television (DTH) services.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
HISPASAT and Orbital Sign Contract for the Construction of Two New Amazonas Satellites
Jun 25, 2012 – Group HISPASAT and Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) have signed a contract for the construction of two new satellites. Amazonas 4A and 4B will allow HISPASAT to meet the growing demand for satellite capacity, mainly for satellite television, in Latin America.
News categories: HISPASAT, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
Spain - abertis and Microsoft to offer digital terrestrial TV via the internet
Apr 19, 2007 – abertis telecom and Microsoft have signed a collaboration agreement to work together to develop Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) via the Internet.
News categories: abertis telecom, Microsoft, Digital TV, OTT, Spain, Terrestrial
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019