Digital TV News: Carolyn McCall
ITV to introduce ITVX streaming service later this year
Mar 3, 2022 – ITV has announced the launch of ITVX - the UK’s first integrated AVOD/SVOD platform. In a change to its traditional approach, ITV will adopt a digital first windowing strategy - premiering content on ITVX and then later on ITV linear channels.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Kevin Lygo, Rufus Radcliffe, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
Jul 21, 2021 – ITV and Sky have signed a deal that includes enabling ITV to launch addressable advertising on Sky platforms. The ITV Hub app will also be added to the current ITV Hub service on Sky Q during 2022.
News categories: Sky, ITV, Stephen van Rooyen, Carolyn McCall, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
500,000 UK subscribers for Britbox
Mar 9, 2021 – BritBox UK has announced that it has hit its target of half a million subscriptions. The SVOD service, created by the BBC and ITV with content also from Channel 4 and Channel 5, launched at the end of 2019.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
Jul 19, 2019 – ITV and the BBC plan to launch BritBox in the UK in the fourth quarter of this year. BritBox will be full of the UK's favourite programmes and the home of the largest collection of British boxsets. BritBox is also commissioning a range of original series.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Carolyn McCall, Tony Hall, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
ITV to launch addressable advertising platform with Amobee
Apr 4, 2019 – ITV has announced that it has signed a UK and Ireland licensing agreement with Amobee for programmatic buying and selling of video inventory on the ITV Hub. This will enable ITV to launch a fully programmatic, advanced advertising platform.
News categories: ITV, Amobee, Carolyn McCall, Kelly Williams, Kim Perell, Chris Williams, Adam Pace, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, UK
BBC and ITV confirm streaming service discussions
Feb 27, 2019 – The BBC and ITV are in talks about launching a streaming service for UK audiences, to be called BritBox. BritBox would provide British boxsets and original series, on demand. The BBC and ITV anticipate that other partners will be added to BritBox.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Tony Hall, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June